Hydraulic fluid/Rear end oil

/ Hydraulic fluid/Rear end oil #1  

fyrcapt

Tractor
Mitsubishi 2300II
I have a manual for my D2300/Satoh bull 2WD. I want to drain the hyd.oil to check the filter. The manual states to drain the hydraulic oil on the bottom of the rear end after pulling the filter. Then it says the rear end takes a different oil. I am a little confused, does the whole system use the same oil? Or does the rear end use another type??? and which plug do I drain the hydraulic fluid from? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Hydraulic fluid/Rear end oil #2  
The owners manual for a S630 recommends 80w90 gear oil. It also allows for use of hydraulic oil without clarification. Therefore, our recommendation is to use 80w90 if you don't have a front end loader(FEL) or other hydraulic attachment. Use Universal Tractor Fluid, John Deere type 303 or equivalent if you do have a FEL installed. By all means clean and check you filter for holes. If the filter is damaged or missing call me toll free 1-800-609-5110 for a replacement. Bill - satohparts.com

/ Hydraulic fluid/Rear end oil
Thanks for the reply. It is certainly appreciated. You answered one of my questions but can you help me with the rest? I am a little confused on where to drain the fluid and if the rear gears share the fluid that the hydraulics use. I do have a FEL on the unit.

/ Hydraulic fluid/Rear end oil #4  
There is a drain at the bottom of the transmission case between the axles. Yes the transmission and hydraulic system use the same oil. The outboard gear housings use 80w90 oil.