Satoh Bison

/ Satoh Bison #1  

deputy175

Tractor
Satoh Bison
I am looking for a front blade for my Satoh Bison 25 hp tractor. I dont know what year the tractor is. I was told front blades are better for snow removal. I wondered if there was one made to bolt up to it, or if it would be easier to buy a used truck plow and have someone make it work for me?

/ Satoh Bison #2  
I have seen front blade systems that were made for the S650G/Bison. I haven't seen one that wasn't already mounted on a tractor though. In fact I believe that my tractor had one on it at one time because the brackets and lift system are still on the tractor. When I bought it I thought they were left over from a belly mower, but after having seen a couple of the front mount plows, I'm pretty sure that they are for a front mounted plow. I've thought about buying the rest of the plow, but like I said I've never seen one that wasn't already on a tractor. I've also thought about adapting an old truck plow, but I've found that so far my rear blade has been servicable. Although recently I've been pondering trying to make a front mount blower for it. Now I think that would be slick b/c you could leave the blade on the back to pull snow away from areas you couldn't get the blower close to.

/ Satoh Bison
Thanks to everyone for the good info on this site. I had a few more questions about my Bison tractor.

Does anyone have an opinion on what size backblade and finish mower is good for this tractor.

Is there someone here I can send a picture to , and tell me appx what year you think it is. The tractor is " multi colored " thanks to the previous owners kids.

Also can someone tell me what category 3 pt hitch is on the 650 g.

Thanks in advance, the info on this site is great.

/ Satoh Bison #4  
I use 5' blades, both standard and box, behind my S650G. I've found that I have plenty of power, but since my tires aren't filled and I don't have wheel weights, I run out of traction. I also run a 53" wide tiller without any problems. I'm sure it could handle a 5' tiller, too. I haven't bought my finish mower yet, but I have been running a 5' brush hog and again it powers it fine, but I really need to add some front weight to counterbalance the cutter. Based on that, I plan on getting at least a 60" finish, maybe a 72".
The S650G has a cat 1 3pnt.
If you go to www.satohparts.com they have some pictures of the various models. Other than that I think I've only seen really 2 "styles": the early versions with the headlights out on the sides and the ones with them in the grill.

/ Satoh Bison #5  
I have a Satoh Buck that came with a factory 48" front blade. It takes to long to install so I like my 3 pt. 48" blade alot better and I think I can push alot more with it to.

/ Satoh Bison #6  
Scratch some of the paint away to find the original body color. The first tractors imported in 1970 had a brown body and white fenders/hood. By the mid 70's the body was painted red(white fenders/hood) and in 1980 the body was painted blue(white fenders/hood). Go to my web site, satohparts.com for more information. Bill 1-800-609-5110