S370D Beaver

/ S370D Beaver #1  

iqzero

I have just purchased a Beaver. Came with a tiller in pretty fair condition and also a Flail mower. It was one that was left with a tractor repair shop for him to sell so I haven't met the previous owner. He forgot to leave the PTO adapter so I have ordered one. This machine has the anti-clockwise PTO but both of the machines are rigged to run that way.. The tractor has been used hard but still runs strong. I pressume that I will have to overhaul it after this season and would like to hear from anyone who has overhauled their own. I am an experienced mechanic/machinist and don't see that this machine is too complicated. I have located several places that have all of the parts that I will need. If I can get the job done with $500 or $600 dollars I will still have a bargain tractor which should be sufficient to keep my grounds and garden maintained.

/ S370D Beaver #2  
If It runs smooth and with power why rebuild. does it make blue smoke or some type of noise to indicate a problem.

/ S370D Beaver #3  
in my continuing quest to find a PTO adaptor for a B6000,
may i ask how much one for your beaver was, any photos?
thanks

/ S370D Beaver
One of the cylinders is a little weak. When I am cold cranking it, ine has a little less compression than the other. As it warms up they both are pulling but I am sure that one has less compression.

/ S370D Beaver
I ordered the PTO adapter from Sheaffer's You will find their email address on several of the posts and also their phone number. The cost was $65.00

/ S370D Beaver #6  
I had s similar ting on my 3 cyl. one of the injector line yas a little lose and seeping fuel. not a leak really but just enought to cause lose of power when starting or when under full power

/ S370D Beaver #7  
The PTO adaptor does not correct the rotation, just changes from a small spline to the standard spline size. Valley power has the PTO reverser, it is something like 400 bucks.

/ S370D Beaver #8  
Do you have any contact information for Valley Power? I may be interested in the PTO reverser.

Thanks!

/ S370D Beaver #9  
Look at the post by texo on the 650 g. They posted a reply with a phone number.

/ S370D Beaver #10  
Call Bill at 1-800-609-5110, Valley Power Products (satohparts.com) They sell parts and manuals for Satoh/Mitsubishi tractors. 540-345-9650