Mitsubishi D1650

/ Mitsubishi D1650 #1  

DanL_Colorado

Tractor
1946 Ford 2N
The Mrs. and I are looking for a small tractor with a front loader. Doesn't have to be very big, just for moving snow and a little dirt now and then.
I found a Mitsubishi D1650 for sale locally, but don't know anything about the Mitsubishi tractors. It's probably a gray-market tractor, since the dataplate is in Japanese (SN is English). Most controls are marked with icons, although the ones with text are marked in English. It has a PTO shield, but no ROPS. It was getting a little dark when I went to see it, but lifting the hood, it looked like a 3-cylinder diesel. Hour meter shows 5.2, but I don't believe it, of course. It's obviously a used tractor, but overall doesn't look too bad. Good rubber (tires aren't new, since they are weather checked).
What do you folks know about the D1650? Anything I should know? Anything I should avoid? Not sure on the price, yet, but am guessing from what I've been told it will be in the $3500-4000 range. Just want to arm myself as much as possible before taking a plunge.
Thanks in advance,
Dan

/ Mitsubishi D1650 #2  
Dan, here's the info I got off an on-line site:
D1650: 4x2 16HP 4cyl 1653-lbs 98-in L.x43-in W.x74-in. H. Having a loader, check the play in the steering, especially at the drag link and steering box. Look for leaks at the rear axle, hydraulic cylinders, cooling system. Run the motor and drive it, work the loader for at least 5 to 10 minutes to see if leaks/problems develop. Check operation of PTO. I'm sure someone else here has more specific info on this model. Good luck,

Bill in SO CO.

/ Mitsubishi D1650 #3  
It is a gray, and in addition to the other poster, check the 3 point hitch, preferably with an implement on it. Is a 2 wd? You can access some technical data at satohparts.com which gives some specs on Mitsubishis and Satohs. I have one of each and like them. Dad bought the Satoh new back in late 70's. My Mitsu is gray, no problem with parts.

/ Mitsubishi D1650
Yes, it is 2WD.
Thanks for the input, fellas. I'll check it out.

/ Mitsubishi D1650 #5  
The Mrs. and I are looking for a small tractor with a front loader. Doesn't have to be very big, just for moving snow and a little dirt now and then.
I found a Mitsubishi D1650 for sale locally, but don't know anything about the Mitsubishi tractors. It's probably a gray-market tractor, since the dataplate is in Japanese (SN is English). Most controls are marked with icons, although the ones with text are marked in English. It has a PTO shield, but no ROPS. It was getting a little dark when I went to see it, but lifting the hood, it looked like a 3-cylinder diesel. Hour meter shows 5.2, but I don't believe it, of course. It's obviously a used tractor, but overall doesn't look too bad. Good rubber (tires aren't new, since they are weather checked).
What do you folks know about the D1650? Anything I should know? Anything I should avoid? Not sure on the price, yet, but am guessing from what I've been told it will be in the $3500-4000 range. Just want to arm myself as much as possible before taking a plunge.
Thanks in advance,
Dan

I own a 2 wheel drive D1650 with a front end loader. I have had no problems at all. My little tractor has been very reliable. Majority of the engine replacement parts have been innerchangeable with most ford, and GM (alternator) parts. This tractor is excellent when cleaning out horse stalls, and other things I an possible put it in. I have considered saleing my tractor. If you have any use for a 2 wheel drive. Message me. Maybe we can work something out.

/ Mitsubishi D1650 #6  
Hello
I have a Mitsubishi D1650 FD
I need a datasheet or technical data for this tractor. Do you have something or can get something or can give me a tip where I get such data from?
Thank you for your efforts

Best regards