Satoh s-650-g

/ Satoh s-650-g #1  

deputy175

Tractor
Satoh Bison
PLEASE PARDON MY TRACTOR IGNORANCE. I HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED A SATOH S 650 G. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU GUYS HAVE THE PART#S TO GET BELTS, PLUGS, WIRES , FILTERS , AND SUCH FROM NAPA.

I DO NOT HAVE A OWNERS MANUAL, BUT PLAN ON ORDERING ONE SOON, BUT UNTIL THEN I HAD A FEW MORE QUESTIONS. THERE IS A DIAL LOOKING LEVER MARKED 1 AND 2 BELOW THE SEAT ON THE FRONT SIDE. WHAT IS THIS.

ALSO, THE 3 PT HITCH WONT LIFT, AND THE PTO WONT SPIN. I HAVE A FEW IDEAS FROM READING EARLIER POSTS, BUT IF ANYONE HAS INPUT I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.
I SEE 2 SEPERATE CAPS MARKED OIL. ONE IS ON THE BACK NEAR THE PTO, AND ONE IS IN THE FRONT NEAR THE GEAR SHIFT. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE APPROPRIATE FLUID TO GO IN THEM? THEY ARE BOTH VERY LOW.

AS LONG AS I AM ASKING QUESTIONS , THE TRACTOR ONLY RUNS WELL IF I NURSE IT TO AN IDLE RIGHT AT THE CARB. AS I TRY TO MOVE IT,I HAVE TO WIGGLE THE THROTTLE TO GET A RESPONSE. THEN IT SEEMS TO GET STUCK AND REVS WAY UP. ANY IDEAS?

THANKS IN ADVANCE, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Satoh s-650-g #2  
I believe the napa numbers are in previous posts. Use the search function to find them. You'll find the search functions very handy.
I think the "dial" you are referencing is the one that controls the hydraulic flow to the 3pnt hitch. It allows you to change how fast the system responds to your inputs and can lock the system in place. If the dial is turned to the locked position it may explain your inability to operate the 3pnt. It may also be low on hydraulic fluid.
Not knowing your level of experience with tractors, don't be offended by the following instructions for the PTO. To engage the PTO compress the clutch pedal completely. There should be a lever behind the seat on your left. Pull it up for 540 PTO rpm or down for 1200 PTO rpm. Release the clutch and the PTO should spin. If at this point it doesn't spin then you have a problem which could be several different things, most likely none of them cheap.
As far as oil goes, I hate to answer a question by not answering it, but again use search as you will learn more by doing it this way than I can put into an answer.
The throttle issue sounds like a governer problem. The throttle lever controls a setting on the governer which then controls the carb. I would first check to make sure the cable is moving freely and that the linkages are also moving freely. Mine had similar symptoms and it ended up being a bad governer. Depending on your mech ability you can either get a new/rebuilt one or you can try rebuilding it yourself. You will need a maintenance/repair manual for this as the settings/procedures are not found in the owners manual. Hope this helps

/ Satoh s-650-g #3  
Spark Plugs: Champion N4C (NAPA 803)
Wires: 70012
Cap & Button: EP710
Condensor: EP338
All I could find from previous posts here and the club. I don't know if this is true now but NAPA used to have numbers for the Satohs sold in the US. Don't hurt to ask.

/ Satoh s-650-g #4  
I can supply the tune up parts and manuals you need. The plug on the back of the case under the seat is for hydraulic oil (JD type 303 or equivalent). Fill till you can see the level thru the sight glass on the left side of the case near the front. The plug near the gear shift is for 80w90 gear oil for the transmisssion and the level plug is next to the clutch pedal about the height of the foot rest. Sounds like your carb may be stopped up and the accelerator pump needs to be replaced. Call toll free 1-800-609-5110. Bill - satohparts.com