2501D

/ 2501D #1  

Ceriusone

Tractor
Mitsubishi 2501D
Hi. I purchased a Mitsubishi 2501D last October. When I bought this tractor, I discovered that it had a blown head gasket and kept over pressurizing the radiator and blowing out all of the coolant. I contacted the person who sold me the tractor and he carried it to his mechanic and had it “fixed”. Anyway, once I got it back, it ran great for about two days (though I only ran it for about 30 minutes each time), and then it started doing the same thing again. Is this a common problem with this tractor? Is there something special I should know that would solve this problem? How difficult is this job to "do" yourself with some mechanical background? Thanks for any input.

/ 2501D #2  
You may have to have the head checked to see if it needs to be trued. Sounds like it might be warped a tad. Or cracked? Pressure test it. Or the top of the block is warped but I doubt it. I wonder if they used the correct gasket? You can do this yourself with the proper manual. However you need a machine shop to check the head.