Satoh S370D

/ Satoh S370D #1  

tacoma1

Tractor
Gravelys for now
Recently came across a S370D... I have looked at two so far... one has a three cylinder motor and the other a two... which is the better and do they have the same HP rating? Each has the 6 spline American implement pto's also... Each are in the $3000.00 area and each look fair and sound good... any advice on what could make the hydraulics weak after using in hot weather? Can one buy rear and front rims for these? If so cost? Tires? and cost? Above all, a seat? cost? Thanks... Bret in WV

/ Satoh S370D #2  
I may be wrong, /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif but I think the 370 and 372 Beavers are all 2 cylinder and the 373 is a 3 cylinder. Whatever you are looking at, crank it up and check the rotation of the pto. You want a clockwise cause that's what most everything else is. (attachments). Read some of the other posts for Mitsu. parts dealers. You should be able to find everything you need including rims and tires. I've never had a 2 cylinder so I can't give any comparison. Either is probably OK but you should try out both and see what you like.

/ Satoh S370D
Thank you for the advice and I will be looking for more on the S370... also saw the Satoh parts site as well and will be contacting them...

/ Satoh S370D #4  
The previous post is correct, the three cylinder is a S373 Beaver III and all things being equal, it would be the best choice because of the engine. I t is quieter than the 2 cylinder S370 or MT372. If you pass on the S370D, let me know where it is. I buy tractors for resale or parts. Bill - satohparts.com 1-800-609-5110.

/ Satoh S370D
Thank you Bill for the info... the S370D is here in WV and up for $2400.00 I may pass on it since reading your post. By chance do you know if there is HP difference between the 370 and 373's? two cylinder vs three cylinder I would guess the three has more. I will telephone you Monday asking for some parts/prices etc. Tough decisions on compacts for me new Kubota $10K plus or a $3k Satoh... worse than a woman with buying shoes! Thanks for the info and to all on this site that makes it possible.