can't raise or lower gannon

/ can't raise or lower gannon #1  

coopkel

Tractor
MTE1800FD
can\'t raise or lower gannon

I recently bought an MT1800FD...worked great for 1st 7 hours now can't raise or lower gannon...

any ideas?? I've heard a filter may be clogged, but can't find hydraulic filter on the machine...

thanx,

greg

/ can't raise or lower gannon #2  
Re: can\'t raise or lower gannon

Do you have an adjustment knob under the seat as I did on my Kubota and also my Kioti,to regulate the speed of raising and lowering the 3PH ? Maybe it has been completely closed by accident ???
Allen

/ can't raise or lower gannon

Yes...have turned it to its full range of movement, both directions while trying to operate the 3ph...no luck in that arena....any other ideas??

thanx

/ can't raise or lower gannon #4  

The filter is located on the right side of the transmission behind and below the foot rest. Look for a square cover held in place with four bolts. The filter is behind the cover. Clean it with a mild solvent or soap and water but be careful not to puncture the mesh screen. Refill the transmission with clean oil (80w90 gear oil or, if you have a loader, Universal tractor fluid or JD tyoe 303). If you need help diagnosing the problem call us at 1-800-609-5110. Bill - satohparts.com

looked where you said the filter's s'posed to be...didn't see a cover with 4 bolts....on the left side to the back of the footrest is a fluid filler neck...could the filter be at the base of that?? There's a filler in the center of the "console" just forward of the seat labeled "oil", with the cap and dipstick. the stick's not marked and just the tip of it is reaching the fluid....is that the right level or should there be more in there?? I took some pix of the tractor and the areas described, if you think that would be helpful...

thanx 4 that you've offered so far...

greg

found the hydro filter...it's in a 'tube' back of the left foot rest...a cylinder of fine mesh...took it out, cleaned it like you suggested and replaced it...no positive outcome...gannon still doesn't work...while the tractor was running played with some lever's adjacent to the raise/lower level on the tractor...i got the 3ph to raise/lower while playing with the lever...seems there's something internal that's amiss...guess i'll look 4 a mechanic that knows something about this sort of stuff...