Mitsubishi R2500

/ Mitsubishi R2500 #1  

Partsfarmer

Hi folks. I'm new to this group and first just want to say howdy to all. I recently was given a Mitsubishi R2500 which I was told was impossible to get parts or manuals for. The tractor will run but is pouring oil from a rear seal. If anyone knows anything about these tractors please help me out and provide me with some leads and information. Looks to be a nice little machine and I really hate to see her just sit. Will parts from some other import work???

/ Mitsubishi R2500 #2  
The rear seals at the axel or the rear seal at the PTO? Seals and sealed bearings are available for that model. Email me if you need help. buck@efcconstruction.com

Buck

/ Mitsubishi R2500
Hi Buck, thanks for the response. The problem I am having with the R2500 is that it is loosing engine oil back into the bell housing (section between engine and tranny.) The oil then leaks out around the shaft that goes into the bellhousing just forward of the brake pedals.(sorry I don't know the name of it) This is not a small leak! I don't know alot about these engines but it acts almost like the rear seal at the crank has gone out. It's impossible to know for sure without breaking down the tractor but I don't want to do that and then find out that parts and/or a service manual are unavailable. If anyone knows about these tractors please educate me. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Mitsubishi R2500 #4  
I sell a parts manual for your tractor. We have a parts tractor on hand as well as the rear crank shaft seal and most parts you will need. While I don't have a service manual, we can offer repair assistance. Call toll free 1-800-609-5110. satohparts.com

/ Mitsubishi R2500 #5  
Are you sure it is coming out of the engine and not the transmission?

Buck

/ Mitsubishi R2500
It's for sure the engine because the dip stick drops from full to empty in a matter of 10 minutes. Another problem is the light in the glow plug viewer on the dash has gone out. I assume that the glow plug has failed and will follow the trouble shooting instructions that were in a previous post. Thanks again for your questions and suggestions. Ric

/ Mitsubishi R2500 #7  
Sounds like you figured it out for sure. Don’t make us guess when you already know what you need :) Sounds like bill has the fix for ya though.

Light?? Should be just an element that glows.

Buck

/ Mitsubishi R2500
I was only guessing and hoping to get a more experienced opinon along with some pointers on doing the job. This is my first attempt with a diesel so alot of the terms and techniques are still to be learned. Thanks again for your response.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( There are no bad days if we take time to count the many small miracles in our lives )</font>

/ Mitsubishi R2500
Thanks Bill! I'll be contacting you as soon as I get her broke down. I'm down near Statesville, NC so we are practically neighbors.

/ Mitsubishi R2500 #10  
Well we are neighbors. I work in Statesville and live between Mooresville and Salisbury. But I don't know a dang thing about your tractor. Howdy anyway.