Tractor
    Satoh Bison

Default 650 g fluids

My owners manual says use #120 turbine oil in the hydraulic system. posters here say jd#303 or equivelant. The problem I have is the "experts"at the local tractor supply store sell me a different kind of fluid every time. This time the fluid is clear. last time it was tan. Both fluids smell completly different. It cant be good for the machine to mix them. I have a Napa, TSC, and advance close by. Does anyone have a brand or part number of some jd 303 equivilant that works for them??

also, can I just plain prestone pre mixed antifreeze in my Satoh????

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Satoh S470D

Default Re: 650 g fluids

JD type 303 is generally considered a standard to emulate, but not the only oil you can use. Buy a tractor hydraulic oil that is compatible with JD tpe 303. Universal Tractor Fluid is one, International Hytran is another. Bill - satohparts.com

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Satoh S470D

Default Re: 650 g fluids

Sorry, I overlooked the second question. You can use premixed antifreeze in your tractor. But I've always felt it would end up being more expensive in the long run.
    I also had another thought to add to the first part of your question, avoid the local supply store. The oil should be clear, although IH Hytran has a red tint to it. But I've never heard of "tan" oil. And don't mix hydraulic oils. Drain the case and fill with one brand. Bill