Mitsubishi D-2050

/ Mitsubishi D-2050 #1  

daveh1

I recently purchased a Mitsubishi D-2050 shopped around for about 6 months before I found this. Its a 4 cylinder. I'm told it is a 25 hp with 20 hp at pto. It is a reconditioned gray market. Seems to run very smoothly and quiet for a diesel and in very good shape. I don't know what year it is. Being new to the tractor game the only thing I can compare it to was an old Ford 8n that we had when I was growing up almost 40 years ago. How does it compare to the 8n? I plan on using it for mowing/ light bushhogging 2 1/2 acres, possibly some box blade work, and dragging trees out of the woods for firewood. This is in the hilly Western NC area. I plan on purchasing a 4' box blade, 4' rough cutter, and carry-all in very near future are these appropriate size for my set-up? Are there any brands to stay away from? Thanks, Daveh1 "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it" /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif <font color="red"> </font>

/ Mitsubishi D-2050 #2  
Your story is a lot like mine. I purchased a grey market Mitsu 2501D which is a 4 cylinder with about 30 HP. I use it quite effectively to brush cut/bush hog about 15 acres of fields and also use it to landscape, cut roads and haul a lot of heavy stuff about the farm, which is quite hilly as well. Your 2050D is on or about a 1980 model and if it's like mine...will serve you well. These seem to be great running and performing tractors and believe it or not, seem to also be fairly easy to work on. Personally, I believe you'll like it a lot better than a Ford 8N. Lots of good features on these tractors. You also have a good supply of parts and manuals if you post a request and ask for those things. There are a lot of skilled and knowledgeable people out there who are more than willing to help. As far as implements go, I really can't tell you what to stay away from. I own a 5 foot King Cutter bush hog, 5 ft box blade, Linnebach (sp?) disc harrow and a few other items....nothing of high cost or certainly not top of the line, but they each perform their functions beautifully and I have had no problems with any of them for the year that I have been abusing them. The carry-all I just purchased was a Tractor Supply model that ran me about $75.00. Added the treated lumber slats and it does just what I need it for-hauling timber, rocks, heavy equip, etc. Personally, I feel that a small farm with non-continuous use of the tractor and implements did not warrent the top of the line in everything and it certainly left me with the cash to get going well on the new barn. Good luck with your quest for stuff! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Mitsubishi D-2050
Ceriusone, thanks for the input and good luck with the barn! If you're like me I've had better luck doing it myself than hiring someone who says they'll be there on Tuesday but forgot to mention what month in what year! Daveh1. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif <font color="red"> </font>

/ Mitsubishi D-2050 #4  
daveh1,
I have a MTE2000D which is 20hp at pto,those are the
sizes I have for mine.The field mower is 4' Howse.The
box blade is a King Cutter 4' If you plan to get a finish
mower it will pull a 5' with no problem.Hope this is some
help to you.Try NORTHERN TOOL or TRACTOR SUPPLY,
both have pretty good prices.

/ Mitsubishi D-2050 #5  
The D2050 was built in the late 70's and shows 23.9-flywheel hp, 19.7 PTO hp. they have been our staple tractor for years due to their reliability. Just a warning though if you ever need parts don’t say it has been reconditioned.

Buck

/ Mitsubishi D-2050
Thanks for the info on the implements. Daveh1 /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif <font color="red"> </font>

/ Mitsubishi D-2050
Buck, thanks for the info. Sounds like you have gotten alot of use out of your D2050, any problem areas? What do you use yours for? What difference does a reconditioned tractor (or not) make when getting parts? Daveh1 /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="red"> </font>

/ Mitsubishi D-2050 #8  
"Reconditoned" won't make a bit of difference to me if you contact me for parts. However, there are some out there who won't have anything to do with gray market tractors. Bill - satohparts.com-1-800-609-5110

/ Mitsubishi D-2050 #9  
econditioned from Vietnam actually means salvaged. A fair amount of the parts are hand made. We are continually having problems with parts that don’t fit the Vietnam machines. If we send parts and they don’t fit the customers get upset so our policy is to ask if the tractor is a reman or not and if it is we require the core before we can ship the new part. Most of us dealers are having the same problem and some have decided not sell parts for a reman at all.

Problems.... The Dxxxx models have a tendency to constantly contaminate the hydraulic oil with water due to condensation. As problems go that is a minor one. Other than that it is a preferred model to own.

Buck

/ Mitsubishi D-2050 #10  
Can I get a Manual for a Mitsubishi 2050D Tractor? I want to put a temperature gauge instead of having just the light. Thanks