Cold weather tips

/ Cold weather tips #1  

monte213

Hello all , I have a Mitsubishi 2650 and live in north Texas . What are some cold weather tips for maintaining this tractor . Should I remove the battery and re-install every other weekend when I'm able to get away and work the property ? I've not noticed any type of glow plug switch/ button or lever ....does this model have or need one ....what about any type of plug in device ? Sorry if these sound like some simple quetions ....this is my first tractor and not very fimiliar with a deisel engine . Thanks

/ Cold weather tips #2  
My 372 has glow plugs, yours should also. The ignition switch should heat the glow plugs in the heat pos (turned to the left) hold it for 10sec the start motor. It may have a grid heater if it doesn't have glow plugs.

No need to remove battery, you live in N Texas not N Dakota:)

/ Cold weather tips
Thanks for the quick reply ....so when it's been cold I should turn it to the left ( heat ) for 10 sec. then to the right to start ...correct ? I have not noticed the left option on the ignition , but will look next time . Is the 372 model comparable to the 2650 ? Is it similair enough to look at the 372 manual for repairs ? Thanks again..

/ Cold weather tips #4  
They are completely different tractors but the glow plugs should work the same and should be sufficient for your area.

/ Cold weather tips
Thanks ...I have/found the left turn position on the ignition .

/ Cold weather tips #6  
a lead acid battery has a natural self discharge rate, which is slower in cold weathe than in the heatr, so no need to remove battery, at least not for a 2 week layover