R2500 Starter

/ R2500 Starter #1  

leekal

Does anyone know of a substitute starter for the R2500? $350 exchange seems a bit steep for a starter. I took it to NAPA and they are supposed to get me a price on a rebuild, but they have had it for 4 days and haven't been able to get an estimate on rebuilding it yet. Not a good sign. The shop they sent it to said they couldn't find enough info on it yet. Half expect they will just sent it back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

/ R2500 Starter #2  
I take mine to a local rebuild shop. Has cost about $80-90. I think they only fixed what was wrong and did not do a complete rebuild. These starters can be pricey. Mine is a different model though a S-470.

/ R2500 Starter
Thanks Oliver,

I just checked with NAPA again and they still didn't have a price. I would be quite happy with anything close to $100.

/ R2500 Starter #4  
I don't think you'll find one close to $100, other then if it needs a minor repair. This is an early 70's tractor & the starter probably was not used on many other machines making the availability of new parts scarce. My last price on a new one was over $1300. I should have a good used one, but may also be able to rebuild your starter.

/ R2500 Starter #5  
Park it on a hill, so when you get ready to use it, roll down hill and start. Might work until you get your starter problem resolved.

/ R2500 Starter #6  
Just had to replace the starter on my Mitsubishi MTE 2000D. I purchased it from Weitzel's D.C. Electric, Norwalk, Ohio 419-668-2844 (sells under the ebay store name Triodiode). Got a new starter for $179.00. About half of what I had been quoted other places. They carry a full line of starters, alternators etc for all makes and they have a full line of parts also for those that rebuild themselves. They may be able to help you out.

/ R2500 Starter #7  
I should have a good used one, but may also be able to rebuild your starter.

I have the starter off my 1972 R2500 off and apart.

I need a set of brushes or a GOOD used starter or a starter that has good brushes that I can use the rest of my parts to make a good starter.

Thanks. :)

/ R2500 Starter #10  
A few years back, I had the starter on my R1500 rebuilt. It came in at $200, but it was in *really* sad shape. Rebuilt, it's as good as new.