New Montana 3840 Owner

/ New Montana 3840 Owner #1  

OklahomaRockdog

After many hours of research and many hours of reading these forums, I finally pulled the trigger on Montana. I was stuck on three tractor manufacturers, Kioti, Branson, and Montana. I have forty acres at the foot of the Kiamichi mountains and need the tractor to keep the place up.
I made many trips comparing these machines and reading these forums and trying to decide. Thanks to all the info I gleaned from this site, I feel I made a very informed decision, and I want to tell you guys thanks for all the good info.
I feel the Montana had more standard features that needed to be added on the other 2 unless you stepped up in class to make them standard, which raised the price considerably. Apples to apples, the Montana wins. I also considered parts availability and dealer location as the nearest is 70 miles.I bought a Montana 3840 and cant wait till it's delivered so I can get some seat time.
As these tractors are made in Arkansas, this also made me more comfortable because I could drive there if I had to for any problems.
Tractor weight,versatility,power,and reliability factored heavily into my decision. I will be doing alot of dirt work, cutting mature pines and hauling them out to bring to the saw mill for my new shop building. I will also be making deer plots and building deer stands very soon. I will be building about a mile of fence also in the near future and I hope when all those projects are done, I can find more, which I'm sure I can come up with something. I guess when I'm not doing real work with it, I can buy time, bushogging my 2 acre pasture. The rest of my property is in trees.
I will put this tractor to the test and I feel it will hold up well. Again, thanks to you guys I feel I have a better start than if I would have just bought the first cheap tractor I would have come up on. I feel I would have been very happy with either of the 3 tractors I looked at as they are all quality machines.

Montana 3840 w/ curved boom skid steer....Incredible price.
5' BH
6" Rock Rake
6 1/2' Disc Harrow
5' BB
Post Hole Digger w/ 9" Auger
Pat"s easy change system

/ New Montana 3840 Owner #2  
Congrats on your new Montana!! You won't be disappointed at all.

/ New Montana 3840 Owner #3  
I'm from OK also (east side of OKC). Where did you buy your tractor?

JC

/ New Montana 3840 Owner
Thanks UncleBuck. JC I"m buying it from Williams tractor in Stigler. So far Todd has been a great guy to deal with.