3-Point Hitch 3 point hitch stabilizers

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers #1  

Montana Green

Does anyone have a suggestion for a fix or replacement for the side stabilizers on a 4940.I find them not very user friendly.
Has anyone ever replaced the Montana stabilizers with a telescopic style?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lyle.

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers #2  
Montana Green said:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a fix or replacement for the side stabilizers on a 4940.I find them not very user friendly.
Has anyone ever replaced the Montana stabilizers with a telescopic style?
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Lyle.

Lyle I agree they are not user friendly but I love the way they hold my implements steady. I am actually going to go to something like that on my other tractor

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers #3  
"Has anyone ever replaced the Montana stabilizers with a telescopic style?"

Lyle, I am assuming the 4940 has a similar system to our 5740, with threaded extenders and a quick pin at the bottom, if not disregard. I also like the way the system is so solid when connected and adjusted. It took me a while to get the hang of removing the quick pins to allow the arms to spread without unthreading the whole system, but now it does not take too long to get everything rigged up. If yours does not have this(I can't tell by the photos on Montana's website) I do recommend it.

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers #4  
Tul01 said:
"Has anyone ever replaced the Montana stabilizers with a telescopic style?"

Lyle, I am assuming the 4940 has a similar system to our 5740, with threaded extenders and a quick pin at the bottom, if not disregard. I also like the way the system is so solid when connected and adjusted. It took me a while to get the hang of removing the quick pins to allow the arms to spread without unthreading the whole system, but now it does not take too long to get everything rigged up. If yours does not have this(I can't tell by the photos on Montana's website) I do recommend it.

That is the way my 4940 works.

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers #5  
I agree I have the 5740 and also use Pat's system I feel this is one of the easiest and most stable 3 poiint systems I have used. JMO

I used to have a tractor with the chain system and they would get loose and allow the heavy implement to swing which I know was not good.

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers
Hi guys
Thanks for the posts.
I could not agree more , as you guys have said they are very secure and hold the implement very tight and keep it from swaying side to side , I have a old Massey with the chains and when you have a item on the 3ph it moves all over the place.I still find with the chain set up though its easier to hook up because of all the laterall movement of the chains.Could you guys tell me if you have any advice or little tricks you do when you have a implement on your montanas to take it off.I currently have to unscrew one side than screw in the other side to be able to pull the pins on the stabilizers in order to have enough side to side movement to open up the lift arms to take them off the lift pins of the implement.

Thanks again
Lyle:)

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers #7  
Have you considered Pat's system? with the hooks I just back up to the implement and lift to engage the latchs. I realize some implements may not work with this system but wanted to make sure you were aware?

Thanks Randy

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers #8  
NetworkMD said:
Have you considered Pat's system? with the hooks I just back up to the implement and lift to engage the latchs. I realize some implements may not work with this system but wanted to make sure you were aware?

Thanks Randy
Randy I have seen pats system advertised and he is on here posting on a regular basis. I have not bought any system yet and I know that a lot of people are happy with his system. The problem for me is a question is it so much better than a couple of the cheaper systems that it is 2 times the money. I know he says someone copied his design and are selling knock offs. I wont buy from them because I dont promote that kind of activity. But there are a couple of systems that are the same idea but not the same means of achieving it. They are about half the price of Pats

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers #9  
Could you guys tell me if you have any advice or little tricks you do when you have a implement on your montanas to take it off.I currently have to unscrew one side than screw in the other side to be able to pull the pins on the stabilizers in order to have enough side to side movement to open up the lift arms to take them off the lift pins of the implement. Thanks again Lyle:)[/QUOTE said:
You can pull the pins out at the axle and just drop the front side of the stabilizers to remove the lift arms from the lift pins faster.

I have to agree with those that love this system. Most sway chains are either sloppy or require tools so you aren't really saving time with them if using them properly.

The newer Montana compacts have telescopic stabilizers that are nice and quick!

Ken

/ 3 point hitch stabilizers #10  
I changed out my side stabilizers bars and lifting arms on my 4940C with Kubota parts. The Kubota lifting arms and side stabilizer bars are the ones Kubota use on their M5000 series tractors. Your looking at $800 for all the parts needed to do the changeover. Im very happy with the changeover. I can hook up to implements in a flash now. Some cutting and welding was needed on the side bars, but for the most part it all fit very well and it works.

Attachments

• threepoint 003.jpg
    threepoint 003.jpg
    743.1 KB · Views: 1,948
  • threepoint 004.jpg
    threepoint 004.jpg
    715.1 KB · Views: 3,601
  • threepoint 016.jpg
    threepoint 016.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 1,055
  • threepoint 002.jpg
    threepoint 002.jpg