/ 3040 #1  

rumproast

Tractor
bobcat ct230, case 680ck bh, td9
I have been hanging around for a while yet have not pulled the trigger yet. I was offered a 3040 at a decent price. I have a few questions.
1 does the 3040 have any good manuals available?
b does the 3040 shuttle use cheap R&O hydraulic fluid or the $15/gal trans hydra fluid?
3 has anyone had any problems with the 3040?
d how is the loader lift on the curved loader?
5 Hard to get parts?
Feel free to beat up on me (yes I know I was debating purchasing NH etc in the past. Its just hard to get a good deal in new england compared to the south). thanks in advance.

/ 3040 #2  
rumproast said:
I have been hanging around for a while yet have not pulled the trigger yet. I was offered a 3040 at a decent price. I have a few questions.

There is an updated owners manual available that your dealer can order for you.

b does the 3040 shuttle use cheap R&O hydraulic fluid or the $15/gal trans hydra fluid?

Uses universal tractor trans/hyd oil available just about anywhere and only a couple of bucks more than std hyd oil.

I have sold a bunch of 3040s and 3840s and have not had a major issue with any of them.

The MCBL loader is a very high spec loader compared to the loaders offered on most compact tractors. I have sold a few tractors because of the loader specs.

5 Hard to get parts?

The LG tractors have been in the states for years and MOntana does a very good job with the parts supply chain.

Feel free to beat up on me (yes I know I was debating purchasing NH etc in the past. Its just hard to get a good deal in new england compared to the south). thanks in advance.

I hope that helps!

Ken

/ 3040 #3  
I agree with my good friend Ken.

Maka

/ 3040 #4  
rumproast said:
5 Hard to get parts?

I have had good luck with my 3040, I have had it for just about two years now and have 170 hours on it. I broke the loader lever going in and out of the float position but that is the only warranty I have had. This summer I purchased a rough cut mower for it and mowed properties, it did an awesome job and made me a few extra bucks.

The curved boom loader is awesome. I have lifted several dead beef for a butcher when his hoist was down. I moved appoximatly 50 yards of malipie (SP) rock for a guy this summer, the rock size was anywhere from golf ball sized to big enough to lift the rear of the tractor off the ground. The capacity is greater than the stock rear balast with ~1000 lbs of balast in the rear.

My tractor has been a great tractor so far and I would not trade it for another.:)

/ 3040
Thanks for the input. I feel a little better about Montana tractors.

Friend of a friend...has a 3040 that he loves (thats why I decided to give it a second look plus the price is great). He also broke the joystick and sheared some bolts on the straight loader but has no other problems at all.
Uses it for personal logging etc.

Off the subject ... Maka, took a road trip out to Montana and Idaho and I now believe Idaho is one of the most underated and beautiful places in the USA.

/ 3040 #6  
I have put 50+ hrs on my 3040 in 4 months and only had one small problem with the coolant Resv. tank hose connection breaking off.. other than that i LOVE this Tractor,, best piece of equipment i have ever bought, thus far. I do remember MAKA saying they have discontinued the 3040 and i would love to know why when it is such a great machine etc. I wonder what model they are using to "replace" it with???? MAKA any input here??