Hey Montana.... Open your store!!!

/ Hey Montana.... Open your store!!! #1  

WEJ

Bronze Member
Tractor
Montana 4340
Hey Montana, Open your store!! I think you have missed the boat this year by not having goodies to sell for Christmas..... Like hats, shirts, toy models of your tractors and attachments!!! I know I would have bought some, if they would have been available. I am very proud of my tractor and would love to have a toy model of it. I have tried the store link on the web-site.... but it leads to a dead-end. I know JD toys are a hot item for them, and I am sure Montana toys would do just as well. What do you think???? Any plan for the future.

/ Hey Montana.... Open your store!!! #2  
Montana would have to assume all the cost to have a toy model made of one of their tractors. They would have to talk to a company that deals with limited run models. Spec Cast and Universal Hobbies are some that come to mind because they can do high detailed models on limited runs but you will be looking at $60-$100 per 1/16 scale model.

Ertl/RC2 will not make models for Agco because they do not sell as well as John Deere and Case/New Holland models. In order to do so Agco would have to assume all of the cost associated with making the model as Ertl looks at Agco as a high risk company in terms of making a profit on a model.

Spec Cast uses new techniques that allow them to make some beautiful models of vintage and new tractors and implements on limited runs. They made an old NH baler but it retails for over $100 (and is worth it). By using these new techniques they can do small runs and they are a USA company. Universal Hobbies is based out of Europe if I remember right and they make some amazing models of just about anything. If you want the original Claas combine they have a model of it. If you want the current MF combine they have that. Tractors, implements, 1/32, 1/16 what ever you want they will make.

If you really want a Montana model either talk to Spec Cast or UH and put a bug in their ear and then do the same with Montana and send them contact info for these companies so they don't have to do as much leg work.

But if you really, really want a model there are some great guys who do conversions over in Europe and can make just about any model of tractor out of an existing model. They work mostly with 1/32 and if you are interested in this let me know. Don Campbell here in the US is also a custom model builder but you will have a long wait and a huge bill for one of his models (not that they are not worth it).

Montana is still a small company to really be worrying about spending money on toy tractors. The UH and Spec Cast models will not be toys, they are designed for collectors.