Finally bought my first new tractor

/ Finally bought my first new tractor #1  

JDeerekid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower
I went to my local Montana dealer yesterday after alot of research on different compact tractors to see if I could get a loan for a new tractor. They called me today and said I got the loan and they are gonna deliver the tractor thursday night.

I am getting a new 4340C with loader and rear snowblower. I already have a rear blade, brush hog and a bunch of other stuff as i own an old ford 8n. I plan on keeping that just and to go into the woods and places i don't want to get the new cab tractor scratched up.

Also I know my screen name don't match my tractor, I have grown up with the old john deeres and won't give that up for nothing. I might have to switch hats though :) !!!

I will post pictures as soon as I get the tractor.

Also Thank-you all for you input and information that you provide, this is a very valuable website for anyone that owns or wants to own a tractor.

/ Finally bought my first new tractor #2  
JDeerekid said:
Also I know my screen name don't match my tractor, I have grown up with the old john deeres and won't give that up for nothing. I might have to switch hats though :) !!!

I bet there are a lot of JDeeekids on this site.... but I am sure you will be happy with your Montana... I know I am!!

/ Finally bought my first new tractor #3  
Hats off to guys who work hard and borrow money to buy a tool they need! That tractor is not a toy. Hope it works hard for you.

/ Finally bought my first new tractor #4  
1st tractor I ever drove was my uncle's R John Deer. He farmed 600 + acres and raised 4 kids with it. Now I drive a Montana with not much less hp to cut my grass.

Hope you like the new tractor

/ Finally bought my first new tractor #5  
Congraulations...I know the feeling.
Hope you have many save hours on it..........

/ Finally bought my first new tractor
The dealer dropped my new tractor off around 6 tonight and we got about 5 inches of fresh snow today. The only thing is that I didnt have time to play (work) tonight as I had to go to friends birthday party. Now I got to wait till tomorrow night after I get out of work to play (I mean work ;)). I will post pictures this weekend when I have time to take some pictures during the daylight hours. Thanks again!!!

Finally got some pics!!!
Firsts couple are my tractor and snowblower. I don't know how I ever lived without a snowblower, especially with how much snow we usually get (1' - 4' foot at a time lake effect snow storms) and also the cab. I have never moved snow in a t-shirt before.

The only thing that I don't care for about the tractor is the seat. The seat kind of tilts forward a little so it feels like you are gonna slide down. And also my hazard lights work for a little while then they stop, I will shut switch off for a few minutes then turn ot back on and they work. Any thoughts what is wrong.

I also attached a pic of a I think a montana 3644 with front snowblower that my dealer had at the New York Farm Show. It's not a montana snowblower, it is a meteor. Montana has a front 3 point hitch and a mid mount pto. The dont make the setup for the cab tractors yet because they dont have mid pto. But my dealer said this might change with the new models that are coming out later this year.

So far so good Montana is a good tractor in my book and is comparable to any name brand out there!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0125 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0125 [800x600].JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0120 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0120 [800x600].JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_0114 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0114 [800x600].JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 376
   / Finally bought my first new tractor #8  
As for the flasher, if its built the same as a car I would guess the relay is faulty. A few bucks at an auto store (take the Montana's in for reference), and it should fix it.

Steve

Auto Tech.

/ Finally bought my first new tractor #9  
Congrats on the new machine JDeerekid!!

Great pics too, I am needing one of them snowblower things in Texas today!

My dealer came out today to replace the flasher lights relay or something like that. He said that he has never had to replace one in a new tractor before, hope this is not a bad thing.
Also the other day as I was cleaning the tractor I notice that one of the hinges on the rear window was split in half. He also replaced that of no charge.
And he brought my loader forks today also because he had to order them when I bought the tractor. They are 48" horst 3700lbs forks. They should do all the lifting I will need to lift.

Can't wait for spring when I could really put the tractor to work moving dirt, plowing some acres for a large garden and food plots, and brush hogging!!!!