T2334

/ T2334 #1  

RedSnk97

Although I wish I had the land to justify anything larger I have been looking at the T2334 and T2734 size tractors.

I looked through the threads and did not see any recent discussions regarding the smaller tractors.

Does anyone have any feedback on these smaller units? They seem to have more lift capacity, options such as locking diff, etc. then the competition.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

/ T2334 #2  
I bought a 2740 about a year ago and really like it. I have a 3414 IH industrial with a backhoe for the larger stuff, but needed (wanted) a smaller tractor for lighter duties (playing). After looking at JD and Kubota, I decided on the 2740. It has lots of standard stuff that are either options or N/A on the other brands, such as 1 set of rear remotes, mechanical PTO engagement, heavier loader & much heavier 3 pt. capacity, larger capacity hydraulics, larger tires, steel fenders and hood, and much more. All this at a price a fair amount less than the orange or other green ones. It is considerably heavier than the similar HP other brands too, which for me means I can do more with it here in our wet coastal fields and mud. I am impressed with it so far. I have about 90 hours on it, and expect it will outlast me. Nothing fancy, just a great little workhorse.:cool: ..Dan

/ T2334
Also noticed that the T2334 had a nameplate on the side that shows "Assembled in China". Which in itself is not bad if done with primarily Korean parts and some type of quality program. (****...Lincoln Logs are now made in China.. Ha).

I am sure that many of these size tractors (TYM included) are done that way. Only assembly in the states is putting the tires on.

/ T2334 #4  
My retail numbers on these tractors have not been very high, but I have yet to hear a complaint on any of the ones I have out there. As you pointed out, this is a tractor that is very high spec when compared to similar sized tractors out there. Montana has made a big mistake in their literature calling this a sub-compact when it has higher specs than many larger compacts. It is a CAT1 three point hitch rated at 1100lbs at a distance of 2' behind the lift balls, and the loader is rated much much higher than any model available in this size range. The build weight of the tractor is also very high for this size of a tractor and most who have looked at mine, comment on the beef of the construction.

In this size of a tractor, there are many out there that are basically an over sized garden tractor, while the T2334 and T2734 are a small compact tractor.

It is a Korean produced tractor with final production taking place in China. I'm seeing that trend in a lot of Korean products these days.

If you have any specific questions, please post them and I'm sure you will get good feedback.

Ken

/ T2334 #5  
What are the going prices for the 2740 or 2340? Similar models offered by TYM are on sale now but I can't find good dealers near me. Thanks.

Last edited:
   / T2334 #6  
Stumpfield, I had the same thought as you. I didn't have a lot of nearby TYM dealers, so thought I would check out the same tractor w/ green paint. The Montana dealer I spoke w/ quoted me a price that was easily $1500 higher than the TYM, so at least in Ohio I have to conclude they were NOT offering any comparable specials.

/ T2334 #7  
Mike5252 said:
Stumpfield, I had the same thought as you. I didn't have a lot of nearby TYM dealers, so thought I would check out the same tractor w/ green paint. The Montana dealer I spoke w/ quoted me a price that was easily $1500 higher than the TYM, so at least in Ohio I have to conclude they were NOT offering any comparable specials.

My nearby dealers have very old 1+ year inventory on their lot are faded, scratched and dented. They are trying to get rid of them. They have no incentive to order any new ones. All the TYM dealer I visited were auto repair shops. Not really tractor dealers. Far away dealers in oregon have plenty in stock for the promotional price but have to add cost of about $1000 to ship here.

I'm wonder if Montana dealer have better inventory, service and support like Kubota or JD dealers?