Changing fluids at 50 Hrs

/ Changing fluids at 50 Hrs #1  

JackMentink

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 Montana R3644
I recently passed 50 Hrs with my Montana R3644 shuttle. I already changed the engine oil to Rotella synthetic and I now am going to change front axle and the Hydrualic/transmission.

In reading the manual one place for the front end it says use 80w gear oil and in another place it says use hydraulic/transmision oil. Any thoughts which is correct?

Also what about changing the main transmision,hydrualic oil. how do I get all the oil out of the cylinders and every location? Has any one changed there hydraulic/transmission oil on their montana 2844, 3644, or 4344 that can help me with this. The owners manual is not descriptive about this at all. I even have the service manual and it is does not mention it either.

Jack in Missouri

/ Changing fluids at 50 Hrs #2  
From what I gather The transmission is "tractor fluid" the combo oil/trans fluid. On the 4344 its about 12 gallons. The front diff is standard gear oil. I discussed it with our oil supplier. He said they only carry one type of tractor fluid for the tractors and this is the same that is supplied to the cat dealer. He starts spouting all type of stuff about what is in oil; interesting but overwhelming. I'll trust him to get me the right stuff.