Montana Tractor Roll Call

/ Montana Tractor Roll Call
I know there are alot more montana owners out there, so come one lets see some pictures of them and tell us what you have done with them.

I have just over 225 hours on mine now. Lots of snow has been moved in the last few months. Had a minor problem with the key switch which was replaced under warrenty. Can't wait for the snow to melt so I can get out in the field and start turning soil.:)

/ Montana Tractor Roll Call #12  
I have a montana 4320. I purchased the tractor September 08. Its a new 2006 and only had 3hrs. on it. I haven`t used it much, its only got 10.7 hrs on it now. I traded my Ford 2600 in. My dealer offered me such a good deal, it was to hard to walk away from. I have a question, Has anyone seen or used those quick hitches that go on the ends of the lift arms?

I have a montana 4320. I purchased the tractor September 08. Its a new 2006 and only had 3hrs. on it. I haven`t used it much, its only got 10.7 hrs on it now. I traded my Ford 2600 in. My dealer offered me such a good deal, it was to hard to walk away from. I have a question, Has anyone seen or used those quick hitches that go on the ends of the lift arms?

You need to get out there and get some hours on that thing:).

Not sure what quick hitches you are talking about, but I am guessing you are talking about Pats quick hitch. They connect on to the end of your lift arms. I personally don't have them but have heard nothing but good things about them from people on this site. There are others that have a 3pt quick hitch that connects to all 3 points of the 3pt hitch. Some people like them and some don't. Most people that don't like them have purchased the one at Harbor Freight and they have to modify them to fit different equipment. I have one that I purchased from Harbor frieght that fits most of my equipment but the top part fits very loose, but there is another part that can be purchase to fix that. Also Harbor freight sells a couple different ones so make sure you get the right size. Do a search on here and you will get lots of information on them.

/ Montana Tractor Roll Call #14  
4340C ... I work the snot out of it. case IH 8430 Round baler, Frontier DM 1160 disc mower, Vermeer 8 wheel rake, 2 bottom plow, Case IH disc, TSC disc, JD Cornplanter, JD 12 grain drill and all sorts of misc attatchments ... Blade, brush hog, PHD, cultivator ....

I bought this because of the price, the quality and I LIKED IT!! Am saving some $ each month ... my next tractor will be the Montana 50 something HP with a cab.

The biggest problem I have is overheating, the dust and trash build up cloggs the radiator more often then I like ... I use furnace filters during hay season that I can simply replace in the field. Wish there was a simpler solution to keep her cool.

/ Montana Tractor Roll Call #15  
but I am guessing you are talking about Pats quick hitch. They connect on to the end of your lift arms. personally don't have them but have heard nothing but good things about them from people on this site.

I have the Pats Quick Hitch ... Love them with the exception that the added length made my brush hog PTO to short ... other than that should have bought them years and years ago!!

/ Montana Tractor Roll Call #16  
Model tractor owned - 4490C
Date tractor purchased - 6-26-06
How many hours on tractor - 289
Reason you bought - Wanted a 40+ HP cab tarctor and Montana had the best set up and price at the time when I was buying.
Projects done with tractor -Lots of different projects. Built many house pads ( dirt work ) for new home construction. Lot and lots of hay work-Jigs Bermuda. Drive it to the mail box from time to time.
Problems with tractor - Transmission Replaced under warrenty at 180hrs. Nothing else has broke.
Would you buy another Montana - Yes

Enjoy the pics. I took them today just before I started mowing. Ask any question if you have any

Attachments

• P2270067.JPG
    P2270067.JPG
    704 KB · Views: 377
  • P2270068.JPG
    P2270068.JPG
    713.9 KB · Views: 241
  • P2270069.JPG
    P2270069.JPG
    699.2 KB · Views: 442
  • P2270070.JPG
    P2270070.JPG
    726.8 KB · Views: 227
  • P2270071.JPG
    P2270071.JPG
    722.2 KB · Views: 196
  • P2270072.JPG
    P2270072.JPG
    633.6 KB · Views: 218
  • P2270073.JPG
    P2270073.JPG
    658.7 KB · Views: 225
  • P2270077.JPG
    P2270077.JPG
    720.5 KB · Views: 204
  • P2270076.JPG
    P2270076.JPG
    723.1 KB · Views: 227
  • P2270075.JPG
    P2270075.JPG
    689.2 KB · Views: 236
  • P2270074.JPG
    P2270074.JPG
    688.5 KB · Views: 264
  • P2270078.JPG
    P2270078.JPG
    710.2 KB · Views: 271
  • P2270079.JPG
    P2270079.JPG
    721.8 KB · Views: 273
Model tractor owned - 4490C
Date tractor purchased - 6-26-06
How many hours on tractor - 289
Reason you bought - Wanted a 40+ HP cab tarctor and Montana had the best set up and price at the time when I was buying.
Projects done with tractor -Lots of different projects. Built many house pads ( dirt work ) for new home construction. Lot and lots of hay work-Jigs Bermuda. Drive it to the mail box from time to time.
Problems with tractor - Transmission Replaced under warrenty at 180hrs. Nothing else has broke.
Would you buy another Montana - Yes

Enjoy the pics. I took them today just before I started mowing. Ask any question if you have any

I have a while yet before I can think about hooking up a mower but the snow is dissapearing kinda fast.

How do you like your mower? I have a 6ft bush hog but was thinking about getting a flail mower a little wider if my tractor would handle say a 7 footer. Most of the fields I mow the grass doesnt get above 2-3ft except with the stuff that I am reclaiming that has some brush in it that ranges from 1 - 3 inches about 8ft high.
Also where are your side mirrors, did you take them off or get them rips off. I have come close to breaking mine off going through the woods but luckily they just fold over.

/ Montana Tractor Roll Call #18  
Well, we dont get snow here like you get so I get to mow 10 out 12 months here in South East Texas. I like my flail mower much better then any other type mower I have used. I did have a new Land Pride 72" rear discharge finish mower that did good job but, I was not able to cut my lawn at 1" like I like to be. I have Saraha/Tiff Dwarf bermuda mix that loves to be cut lower.

The Land Pride finish mowers are well built and do a good job but, when trying to cut golf course grade grass with a rotory type mower at 1" wasn't working too good. I bought the flail mower and set it up for finish cutting. You can set a flail mower up to cut heavy brush or set it for fine finish mowing. I have seen farmers use them to cut down and mulch cane and corn fileds.

I have found out that a flail is much easier to run behind my tractor due to it being up next to the tractor and not sticking out like a brush hog does. I cant load my tractor on a lowboy style trailer with side rails on it due to the flail will hit the side rails on the trailer. I have to load my tractor on my flat bed trailer and not the lowboy with side rails.

Over all I like the flail better. I took off the mirrors due to them being fold back and hitting my doors when a branch would grab them and fold them back. I never used them anyway.

Below are pics of our Texas sized gardens we grow here. LoL enjoy!

Attachments

• mics 038.JPG
    mics 038.JPG
    730.9 KB · Views: 290
  • mics 039.JPG
    mics 039.JPG
    743.9 KB · Views: 257
  • mics 037.JPG
    mics 037.JPG
    736.2 KB · Views: 219
  • mics 040.JPG
    mics 040.JPG
    736.9 KB · Views: 253
   / Montana Tractor Roll Call #19  
As old saying goes everything is bigger in Texas

/ Montana Tractor Roll Call #20  
I have a 5740 with a FEL. I use mine to mow with a pull behind FMC mower and moving big bails for my horses. I have 15 hours on my tractor. I never had a new tractor before so I am not famaliar with all the "bells and whistles" that come with it. I only had old tractors that I had to work on more than I used them! When the tractor arrived the tach was disconnected and I had a slight hydraulic leak on one of the FEL hoses. I connected the tach and tightened the line. Recently one of my tail lights filled up with water and corroded the socket and bulb. The gasket around the lens was distorted. My dealer denied warranty and said it was'nt covered. Disappointed that the tractor had so few hours and I did nothing to cause this and I was told it was'nt covered. Half of my control panel lights are out also. Disappointed how there is no ramping up of the PTO. I keep shearing my mower pins when I engage the PTO.

I do like my tractor but would consider another dealer next time.