Snow Montana 4340C Playing in the Snow

/ Montana 4340C Playing in the Snow #1  

JDeerekid

Platinum Member
Tractor
Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower
Well I was out plowing and blowing out a few driveways that I am doing this year and got some video. We had alot more snow last week but we had a alot of rain in the last few days so it doesnt look like much. We got about 8" all together but I cleaned the driveways twice with about 4" each time.
The snowblower I am using is a 78" AgroTrend and it works real nice. It would work better in more snow but this is all I had:D. This snow I was is 3rd or 4th low range. When the snow is in the 10" or more I run it 1st or 2nd low so the snow doesnt spill off to the sides. Next year I am hoping to have a front blade on the tractor which will make it alot faster.
I also added some LED lights on each side of the tractor. If you look close you can see them blinking in the side rear windows. One is green and one is amber. I have a pair on each side so when I back out into the road people will hopefully see me a little better. Also have an amber beacon light on the roof. I think I might have to replace the bulb into it as it seems not to be working half the time(think it might be a ground issue also).

Montana 4340C -1
Montana 4340C -2
Montana 4340C -3

Feel free to add your Montanas playing in the snow also if you would like. Pictures or videos.

/ Montana 4340C Playing in the Snow #2  
Kid,

THANKS!!! That was great to watch, especially since I live in Texas and don't get to see much snow like that here in winter. I usually get my "snow fix" from my two weeks in Elk hunting camp in Colorado every year!! Wife thought it was cool too, but she said "forget the tractor, I liked seeing the dog"!! Woman, Go figure!!

Not being familiar with tractor snow removal equipment, it was also good to see that big blower hooked up to the PTO and 3 pt too. I had no idea they had that for our tractors, but I guess I should have figured they would.

Sure is pretty with snow at your place too!! Yeah, I'm a transplanted PA boy and I sure do miss the snow!!

/ Montana 4340C Playing in the Snow
Thanks Unclebuck257, I love the snow so I could never live somewhere there wasn't any snow.
This is the first 3pt hitch snowblower that I have ever owned or operated. I am still use to using a 3pt hitch blade or the loader, but the blower sure makes a quick job at getting rid of the snow and no piles left.

That is my dog. She is almost in every picture I take because she never leaves my side. She is just about 2 1/2 years old. She loves the snow and will run around in it for hours. Here are a few more pics of her for your wife.

Attachments

• IMG_0073 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0073 [800x600].JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0086 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0086 [800x600].JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0103 [800x600].JPG
    IMG_0103 [800x600].JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0241 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_0241 [800x600].jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 128
  • MVC-799F.JPG
    MVC-799F.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 132
  • MVC-798F.JPG
    MVC-798F.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 142
   / Montana 4340C Playing in the Snow #4  
That sure looks like allot of fun playing in the snow. Here in Southeast Texas where I live we never get snow like that, but on the night of the 11th I had 3.5" of snow on the ground. I have never seen it snow like it did here just a few nights ago. It seems like if we get a hurricane and we did this past summer "IKE" then we will have one day of snow in the winter, its strange but true.

I do not get to use my 4940C much this time of year due to none of my hay fields are growing. After hurricane IKE came thru here back in September and took down hundreds of large oak trees I now have a new three point log splitter and have put my Montana back to work.

Have fun and be safe. Tractor work can be fun and relaxing, but also deadly if not respected.

Cheers,
Trent

/ Montana 4340C Playing in the Snow #5  
JDeereKid,

Thanks again for all the extra pics of your baby! The wife loved them! We're "dog people" and presently have 4 on the place. The youngest dog, Sierra, is 5 years old and is 1/2 Catahoula and 1/2 Black Mouth Kur. She's solid black and is with me every where I go on the place too. She rides in the cab of my 5740C with me every time I get in it to do anything, especially getting round bales down for the cows. She and our little border collie then keep the cows away while I cut the baling twine off the bales, etc.

In case you've never heard of a Catahoula or Black Mouth Kur, they are two of the best breeds for working cows there are. Sierra looks just like a black lab and you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference from just looking at pics.

Thanks again Kid!!

/ Montana 4340C Playing in the Snow #6  
nice tractor and REALLY nice Weimaraner!

we had one for years and she was my shadow much the same way yours appears. i loved that dog RIP.

we now have a Lab/Weimar mix who has the crazy from both but he is still a great dog.

Dogs Rule.

Ben