Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Tractor
    Montana U4384

Default Re: Montana shop manuals

Found this thread while looking for a service manual for a U4384, Do you still do this if so can you get me one or tell me where I can get one? Thanks

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Go to the Montana web site do a contact us and ask for a service manual. That is how I got mine they emailed it to me if I want I can just print it. Of course the manual is for a comprable LS but what ever.
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Tractor
    Montana U4384

I will do that, Thank You, Larren

Tractor
    Montana U4384

My U4384 Steering unit right below the steering wheel has a seep it's not real bad but it seems to get worse the more I use it I bought this tractor used 3 years old with only 50 hrs on it the dealer said that he would try to get an o ring kit for it.. Well yesterday he said that he can't find one and to replace the unit would be Quite expensive and to not worry about the leak. does anyone know anything about this? can I get a steering unit and replace it myself? I'm pretty well mechanically inclined. If so where do I look for one Thank you

Tractor
    1975 JD 4430, 2008 Montana 5740C, Polaris Ranger,

found out something today.... was at Case IH dealer getting Baler belts relaced for my 8430 CIH baler. When I drove up i noticed a small New Holland tractor in the front of the store. The dash looks similar to my Montana 5740C. Soooo I asked the sales man if that tractor was also built by LS Cable and he said yes. It seems like it was ~35HP 4x4 ROPS tractor. He said the highest horsepower they get in New Holland from that manufacturer is called 50HP.. This may be another source of parts for your Montana if you can find the crossover model in New Holland... Made my day. Wonder if they have diesel tanks cheaper?...Probably NOT..LOL

Tractor
    Montana U4384

Thank you for the good info

Tractor
    Montana 2840

I just bought a Montana 2840 and need a repair manual. The 3 point lift does not work properly, comes up way too slowly, the speed valve may be defective? Perhaps someone out there knows a little about it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345