Montana shop manuals

/ Montana shop manuals #71  
Benny what do need to know about the montana?
Ive been on so many tractors and rebuilt so many i really don't need manuals

all i can say is be careful of your reverse gear in all brands of Montana never pull loads in reverse never grind reverse.
(the factory gear set only sends the shift couplet 1/4 of a inch onto the actual reverse gear. on all Montana brands and LS tractors.)
and always check your gear oil every daily run.

/ Montana shop manuals #72  
Thanks for the info guys.

Reverse gear is a weak link is a great heads up.

/ Montana shop manuals #73  
Yeah, really good to know about that weak reverse gear link!

/ Montana shop manuals #74  
Hi All, just purchased a used 5740 and was wondering if any one has the service manual handy. I am trying to get the speedometer/tach/hour meter working again. Other than that, pretty solid tractor.

/ Montana shop manuals #75  
Ok, got the speedometer/tach working, it was the "pin, Joint" on the engine block. The Keyed tab had broken off. So I slit the pin with a Dremel and brazed in a small steel "tab", cleaned it up and now works great. Anyone have a owners manual available with the fluid specs. Have found a few posts that list some but not all. Thanks

David

/ Montana shop manuals #76  
If anyone can help out with a service manual for a 5740 I would greatly appreciate it. Having PTO issues that I am trying to get sorted out.

Can email to b.taylor154@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

/ Montana shop manuals #77  
Has anyone figured out how to get the manuals yet? Our LS Dealer said he'd email them to me for a R4020 (Montana 4944) but I'm yet to get them. I did get one chapter on the PTO and clutch and it actually looks decent. I'd like the rest of the chapters. I found that they are stored on this website The problem is that you need to register to get access. I tried with no luck. I think it's the Europe website and I don't have a serial number that would work. If anyone does get in there, I'd like the R series manuals and the manual for the U5030. I'm not exactly sure which one that is but it corresponds to a Montana 5740C. Contemplating buying one, not sure about that reverse gear though.

/ Montana shop manuals #79  
12 years later, I'm looking for a manual. Please and thank you!

/ Montana shop manuals #80  
Benny what do need to know about the montana?
Ive been on so many tractors and rebuilt so many i really don't need manuals

all i can say is be careful of your reverse gear in all brands of Montana never pull loads in reverse never grind reverse.
(the factory gear set only sends the shift couplet 1/4 of a inch onto the actual reverse gear. on all Montana brands and LS tractors.)
and always check your gear oil every daily run.
Does the Model 5740 Montana tractor service manual give a detailed process on how to remove and replace the clutch.

Also any way to determine if the clutch just needs adjusting.