Tractor
    3940HST Montana

Default 3940 HST has forward but no back

I have a 3940 HST and while moving from one pasture to another down the road I had the cruise lever on and when I disengaged it I had forward pedal but no back. The reverse pedal stopped working or almost it has a slight back but almost none. I can take the forward pedal and go forward or if I pull it all the way back it will go in reverse. They do not feel equal. It did this once before and it happened about the 50hr service. When I dropped off at the dealer it was fixed and serviced in a couple of hours. Should have asked what it was. It currently has 92 hours. Anyone with any Ideas?

Thanks Bryan Perry

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Long 530, 2360, 360,2310, Ford 641, 8N, 2N

Default Re: 3940 HST has forward but no back

Mr. Perry,
    I believe I know what your problem is. In selling tractors like yours in another color, Long 390 HST, The F/R Interlock link would bend under your HST pedals. Replace this part and with proper adjustment should cure the problem. Hope this helps . Gary

Tractor
    3940HST Montana

Default Re: 3940 HST has forward but no back

Gary

It was exactly what you said. Thanks for the help. I have already fixed the problem.

Respectfully,

Bryan Perry