Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hydraullic Problem w/5740 Montana

I have a 2007 Montana 5740 W/ Cab & FEL. with 230 hours on it. When I pick up my mower or any other heavy object the lift arms jump. It shakes the tractor and I'm sure isn't good on the Hydraulics. The lift arms leak off with out any attached implements. The tractor was new when purchased and this has been an ongoing problem. Has anyone else had a problem with the lift arms jumping? Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks, Verl

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Default Re: Hydraullic Problem w/5740 Montana

Are you talking about the FEL lift arms or the 3pt lift arms?
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

The FEL works great the lift arms is where the problem lies.

Verl

Tractor
    Montana 4340C w/Loader, JD GX345 w/54in. mower

Sounds like maybe a valve or something in the hydraulics. It should still be under warrenty is it not?
    Montana 4340C w/loader, AgroTrend FU78 rear snowblower with hydraulic shute rotation, Horst 48" pallet forks, 3pt. 2-bottom plow, 6ft. bush hog rotarty cutter, 3pt. Woods 7ft back blade, 3pt. cultivator, 5ft 3pt. york rake, 6' KKII tiller, JD494 4-row planter. Future attachments: backhoe, grapple

I am sure it is in the Hydraulics. Yes it is under warranty. My dealer said no one else has had a similar problem. Dealer is about 180 miles from where I live.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Long 530, 2360, 360,2310, Ford 641, 8N, 2N

Have you tried to lock out the top link on the tractor? Their should be a wedge to flip over to do this. trac

Gold Member
    Tractor
    2005 Montana 5740C

I have a 2005 5740C and have not had any problem specifically with the 3pt lift arms at all. I've had to replace the O rings for the hydraulic line connectors where they meet, under the right side step up twice to date, but that's the only thing.

Even though your dealer is so far away, it sounds like a trip there for warranty work is needed. Let them and Montana worry about and fix it. Why should you worry when you paid for the warranty when you bought your tractor.
    Green and Silver is better looking than Green and Yellow!!

I am sure you are right about a trip back to the dealer. Was just searching to see if anyone else had experienced any problems with the lift arms. I am certain it is an internal problem but was told they suspected an adjustment was causing the problem. I personally don't think it is an adjustment. Couldn't be that simple.

Thanks for the input.

Verl

Tractor
    06 Montana 4940C/R4/FEL arched boom.

Have you checked to see if your tractor has the proper amount of hydraulic fluid in it? Also, the main hydraulic filter could be starting to plug causing the hydraulic pump to starve of hydraulic fluid. My 4940C did the same thing what you said your tractor is doing. Mine lost all hydraulic power slowly. No steering or the rear three point lift would not lift up or it would jump also.

I changed out the main hydraulic filter and then my tractors hydraulic system was back to normal. This all started around 300 hrs for my tractor. The factory hydraulic filter is a very small micron filter. It takes very little particles to plug it. I would change the filter and see if this will fix your problem before I would go see the dealer. There is a good chance the dealer would not cover this filter change under warranty if it was the problem.

There is a adjustment. The tractor has hydraulic system protection relief valve that is adjustable. If its out of adjustment, the relief valve could be relieving to early causing your tractors hydraulic system to be weak. I would think that this is not your problem, but it could be. If changing the main hydraulic filter doesn't fix your tractors problem, then I would look at the relief valve.
    2006 Montana 4940C

Tractor
    2010 Montana ls2740

I have a 2010 montana ls2740 and i was coming down the road and my blower drop on the road and my idrolic arm dosent lift anymore. What would be the problem?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast