need glow plug relay

/ need glow plug relay #1  

soggybottom

Tractor
06 Montana 4340C
I need GP relay for my 4340, poong sung 36860-42011, anybody know a supplier or have an alternate part number for its equivilant?

Seems all the dealers are gone from AZ, might be one 200 miles from me, might as well mail order.

Thanks, Bob

/ need glow plug relay #2  
I feel your pain, the dealer hear in flagstaff closed their doors completely last week.

My relay went out also and I replaced it with a relay from a ford 7.3L power stroke. Here is the napa part Glow Plug Controller

The timer does not send a signal strong enough to turn it on though so I ran that signal through another light duty relay like this one. Headlight Actuator Relay

Now when either part fails I go to napa and get what I need.

/ need glow plug relay
Today I investigated the wires, I'm going to run the 2 heavy wires to a fused momentary toggle switch and just turn key on and hold toggle for 10 seconds and fire up, I did it this morning by just jumpering the 2 heavy wires together for 10 sec and worked good, tomorrow I'll have the toggle hooked up. It always started for me last winter when the relay took a crap, just had to crank it for 30 seconds before she fired, I don't like cranking for long periods.

I'm down in the north valley, 2200' elev. it has been in the 40's already. I saw it was already 14 in Flag.

I bought the 4340c from aztracktorguy 3 yrs ago, their done with montana as you know. None of these off brand dealers offer much in the way of service or parts, I think I'm going to buy a bobcat ct450cab from bingham.

Anyway I'm good to go now. Thanks.

/ need glow plug relay #4  
I need GP relay for my 4340, poong sung 36860-42011, anybody know a supplier or have an alternate part number for its equivilant?

Seems all the dealers are gone from AZ, might be one 200 miles from me, might as well mail order.

Thanks, Bob

Why not just call a dealer as close to you as you can find and have them drop ship the part? I don't understand why you would want to hack up the tractor with a manual glow plug switch, when the relay more than likely won't be that expensive?

If this was a part that you absolutely can not buy, then you have to do what you have to do, but just get the right part and fix it right would be the way I would do it!

/ need glow plug relay #5  
I am having the same problem, but with mine not coming on when I turn the key on, Exactly where is the relay located? is it behind the cover on the light indicator?, or is it under the hood?,

/ need glow plug relay #6  
yes it is behind the instrument cluster. Real easy to access.

/ need glow plug relay #7  
If you're going to cut into the wiring why not replace the relay with one of the small cube relays available everywhere?

/ need glow plug relay #9  
I replaced a glowplug relay on a GM once using an automotive started relay and a simple spring loaded push button on the dash to activate it.

I would then count (while pressing) thousand and one, thousand and 2 etc-- for about 15 seconds, then start.
If unsuccessful I'd repeat adding more time.

The GM relay was real PRICEY!!!

A relay is a must due to the high amps involved.

One guy I knew simply brought the two wire ends into the cab and touched them together to activate his plugs.
Did I say he was cheap? (engineer to boot) claimed it was 'good enough'.

/ need glow plug relay #10  
If I had a Montana and needed a relay I would go here, find the nearest dealer, call and order the part.
Montana Tractors Dealer Locator: Tractor Dealers in the US & Canada Tractor Manufacturer Has Commercial Aerators, Implements, Farm Attachments

I used that website a month ago; the call didnt go to the represenative, it went to a Montana headquarters site, and she gave me several numbers of people who "may" be able to help me. The second time I got a different person who gave me a phone number of a decent dealership who solved my parts problem.
1-479-872-2020