montana balance problem

/ montana balance problem #1  

farmtech8

Tractor
Montana C6884 series, International 444, Furgerson 30
Anyone having a problem with the balancer with their c series tractor? While taking hay out, mine started making a noise sounded like internal from the front of the engine. The tech that is working on said the balancer had a gear that locked up and caused 5 other things inside the engine to need replaced. so far, although a problem from the day it was assembled, Montana is not going to stand behind it. We are still working on that part, only 2 years old, with just under 400 hours. Just wanted to see if anyone else had that problem. I was thinking of buying another tractor like this one but only in a two wheel drive model, now I am not sure. Thanks

/ montana balance problem #2  
What model and year?

/ montana balance problem
it is a 2006 C6864, it was left over I got it May 2007

/ montana balance problem #5  
those were the euro built one's not the ls's right?

I am not sure

/ montana balance problem #7  
Balancer problem is quite common on that model of tractor. It was the equivalent of the Long 680. You are lucky you didn't lose the entire engine due to oil pressure loss. Balancers are still available but not cheap.

That is good to know, the dealer told me this time is did not affect the oil pump. THANKS!

Well I got my tractor back, upset with the fact they repaired the engine with only 388 hours with used parts. the cost $1,200.00, received a phone call from Montana Corporate they told me they would be intouch to discuss after they researched the matter.

to my suprise I got a call from Montana Corporate, they listened, and within a few days the local dealer called and said Montana covered all but $450.00 of the bill, so I guess I am happy with that.