/ CURVED BOOM OR STRAIGHT BOOM LOADER #1  

whitetailer32

Tractor
montana 5740c
what is the difference between to curved boom loader
and the straight boom loader. advantages and disadvantages
please help

/ CURVED BOOM OR STRAIGHT BOOM LOADER #2  
It is easier to see the bucket or quick attach implement with a curved boom loader.

/ CURVED BOOM OR STRAIGHT BOOM LOADER #3  
When I bought mine about 4 years ago now the curved had a considerable advantage in lifting capacity, by like a thousand pounds if memory serves me. The only disadvantage was the joystick control for the curved boom did not allow getting on and off the machine from the right side whereas the straight boom did.

/ CURVED BOOM OR STRAIGHT BOOM LOADER #4  
It is easier to see the bucket or quick attach implement with a curved boom loader.

Certainly not. I allways have problems seeing the hooks of my quick attach when driving up to an implement. This problem you dont have with the payloaders at work, with straight booms.

/ CURVED BOOM OR STRAIGHT BOOM LOADER #5  
Certainly not. I allways have problems seeing the hooks of my quick attach when driving up to an implement. This problem you dont have with the payloaders at work, with straight booms.

I think he is comparing the straight -with - an - angle loader arm compared to the more recent curved ones. I haven't seen any true straight ones on small tractors, only on some backhoes and payloaders.

I have the non-curved loader arms; I have not had the opportunity to try a curved profile so I am not sure what is better. I suspect that there would be very little difference when attaching buckets, but better visibility when working?

This is my "straight arm"
Fork lift3 (Large).jpg
vs a curved one (courtesy of another member here - I borrowed this pic for ideas on a cab for mine)
Montana cab pic (Large).JPG

/ CURVED BOOM OR STRAIGHT BOOM LOADER #6  
I think he is comparing the straight -with - an - angle loader arm compared to the more recent curved ones. I haven't seen any true straight ones on small tractors, only on some backhoes and payloaders.

I have the non-curved loader arms; I have not had the opportunity to try a curved profile so I am not sure what is better. I suspect that there would be very little difference when attaching buckets, but better visibility when working?

This is my "straight arm"
View attachment 152045
vs a curved one (courtesy of another member here - I borrowed this pic for ideas on a cab for mine)
View attachment 152046

You are correct that is exactly what I was talking about.