New 4330 Montana with FEL

/ New 4330 Montana with FEL #1  

Tractor Shopper

Bronze Member
Tractor
2009 Mccormick CT50U
Looked at a new 4330 with a FEL and cab ( pretty sure cabs are standard on these) What's the consensus on these machines? Any opinions good or bad are appreciated? What is a good price for this Tractor in Canada? I thought the price he gave me was really good but we seem to get taken adavantage of on the prices of some stuff in Canada.

/ New 4330 Montana with FEL #2  
check with your dealer about pricing again. montana came out with better rebates yesterday.the 4384 was 36000 last week this week 29995

/ New 4330 Montana with FEL
Thanks thats the same price i was quoted for the 4330, whats the differences in these tractors?

/ New 4330 Montana with FEL #4  
I have never heard of a 4330. Are you sure you are not talking about a 4340C?

I have a 4340C and have had it for almost 2 years. It has just under 500 hours on it and I have had no problems with it so far.

The 4384 is the newer version of the 4340. It has a flat platform unlike the 4340 which has a slight hump in the middle. And some of the levers(3pt hitch, rear hydraulic controls) are located differently.

Sorry, you are correct JDeerekid, 4340c was the one I was looking at, the dealer i was at didn't have a 4384 on their lot, so i couldn't really compare them in person. The more I look at the 4340c the more i like it. They have a 36hp there for about 10000 dollars cheaper but no cab, and I would like a cab some day, so is a factory cab and 7 or 8 hp worth it? I'm starting to thing it is. I'm still shopping around but I must say this 4340c caught my eye. From what I've been reading Montana owners seem to be happy with their tractors, but there seems to be a growing concern with the loss of dealerships in many areas, this is one of my major concerns with this tractor. Anybody have any comments on this? The dealership I'm looking at carries 4 brands of tractors, I'd hate to buy a Montana and then them drop the product line.

/ New 4330 Montana with FEL #6  
I have a 5740C that I've had since they started selling them in Feb 05. Bigger than the one you're looking at I know, but some things will apply. First of all, GET THE CABBED MODEL!! I live inTexas and had a non cabbed tractor before this. With the summer heat, dust, etc., you can't beat a cab model here. You have the same thing in reverse, with your cold and snow. That cab will prove to be worth whatever it costs, the first year you have it.

Secondly, come right out and ask your dealer IF he's planning on staying with Montana and get him to sign a statement that he'll service your tractor through the warranty period. If he gets hinky on that, he may be planning on leaving the line and that could be a real problem for you with warranty work. My dealer left the line after my owning my tractor 2 years and I have no dealer close by. It does present a big problem, but I had a good friend with a complete shop who could help me, but you don't probably!

I think your right Unclebuck, I'm looking out the window now and its snowing and blowing like crazy, and someday I'd like to have a snow blower on my tractor which to me = A CAB FOR SURE. This is a great deal on this tractor, they just dropped the price $6000 and i think I can get him to move another grand for sure maybe 2. But that is my biggest worry, I like your ideas of coming out and asking their intentions with the brand, plus the letter of intent for the warranty, very smart. This dealer also carries McCormick, LS and TYM, which too me seems to be too many brands that are quite similar, which leads me to think that in the future thay may drop products, and from what I hear about Montana lately they may be the leading candidate. Shame to, I'm in no super rush to buy one but I really like this tractor.

/ New 4330 Montana with FEL #8  
I think your right Unclebuck, I'm looking out the window now and its snowing and blowing like crazy, and someday I'd like to have a snow blower on my tractor which to me = A CAB FOR SURE. This is a great deal on this tractor, they just dropped the price $6000 and i think I can get him to move another grand for sure maybe 2. But that is my biggest worry, I like your ideas of coming out and asking their intentions with the brand, plus the letter of intent for the warranty, very smart. This dealer also carries McCormick, LS and TYM, which too me seems to be too many brands that are quite similar, which leads me to think that in the future thay may drop products, and from what I hear about Montana lately they may be the leading candidate. Shame to, I'm in no super rush to buy one but I really like this tractor.

Montana is made by LS. Your Montana warranty is basically bumper to bumper for 1 year and an additional 2 years on the drive train. Personally I do not see Montana going under for at least a couple of years,probably a lot longer,since that deal with Branson. But if you need parts down the road all Mechanical parts will interchange with LS. In todays market no body knows when a tractor company will fail. After the deal with GM anything can happen. In 5 years some of the older brands may be also gone no one knows. Its a crap shoot,you can spend a lot more for a Deere,which will probably be here,even though most Deeres in the CUT are not made by Deere. Or you can save a bunch up front with a so called off brand. I am looking a a couple off brands(Mahindra,Montana,LS,and McCormick) I do not care about resale,I will be 62 this year and will probably be buying my last tractor. When it is sold I will care less what it is worth. Look at the standard offerings,the weights,and lifts. Usually the big three or four do not even come close. You get a lot more tractor for less money. You just have a hard time finding cups and Christmas lights and dolls with their logo on them. Or in the case of Montana just paint the wheels yellow,buy the toys for the kids and they will never know the difference.

Good observations wampum, when I look at it I have alot of projects that will be completed with this machine it will save me a tonne of cash and will still be some sort of asset when the jobs are done. I guess the key would be maximizing that asset but in the end its not that critical. I really like this tractor right now so that means alot, and I really enjoy operating equipment
(used to do it for a living but had to move on in careers) so i guess it comes down to, liking the tractor and getting the work done and I think a Montana can do both for me