T2334, Should I pull the Trigger???

/ T2334, Should I pull the Trigger??? #1  

Klorinth

Silver Member
Tractor
Montana T2334 HST
So I went to the dealer to check on that offer I mentioned in my previous post.

They are offering the T2334 for $9900. HST, 4WD with loader, etc. 6hrs on the clock. 3 year warranty.

I played with it a little. Nice machine. Much better construction then I expected. Heavy, thick welds, strong loader, 3PH. I like the loader controls, much nicer then what the new LS has. That one needs to be redesigned.

I need the Loader, 4WD, and the ability to have ground engaging implements. I can't have those with my JD455 AWS. Just not going to happen.

Wife is willing to say yes if I sell the JD. I would be using the machine to do work she wants done... :thumbsup: from the CFO is amazing.

Do I put down the deposit? Sign the papers?

/ T2334, Should I pull the Trigger???
I have decided to go for it.

I know what some of you are thinking... risky future.

The dealer is selling LS tractors as well and does all the work on site. They are doing well with the sales and have good mechanics. Friendly and very helpful.

It's actually the mechanic that sold me. He was willing to talk about the machines, compare them to others that he has worked on, including the Kubotas he repaired at the last dealership he worked for. Little details like the cost markup on the rear hydraulics on the Kubotas. Talked about the engines, hydraulics, pumps, frame, etc. Even offered info about the same machines they have already sold over the last two years and what kinds of repairs they needed.

I like what I see and I can see getting a lot of work out of it. I need a machine for pounding fence posts first thing this summer, and I need to extend a road to a building site. Once that is done I will look at slowly prep'ing the site. I realize that some of this is big work for a small machine, but I don't intend to do anything quickly. I will be taking a slow and steady plan.

Anyway, the deposit is done. Now I just need to sell the JD. I can take delivery on Saturday. Added a 48" Rotary cutter to it as well. Can't get that till April though. Apparently Buhler has sold out of the 48". No worries, no grass till May anyway.

Let us all walk to the edge and take the plunge!

/ T2334, Should I pull the Trigger??? #3  
Go for it. I have enjoyed my Montana and the wife even operates it sometimes. Naturally its better to pay cash but if she agrees----- :thumbsup:

/ T2334, Should I pull the Trigger??? #4  
I think you made a sound choice. BTW- If Montana goes under, we will allow you to take refuge in the TYM forum as your new machine is TYM built. :)

Good luck with your new machine, may it treat you well..

:laughing:

Thank you for the invite.
I look forward to playing with my new toy alllll summer long. :D

/ T2334, Should I pull the Trigger??? #6  
:laughing:

Thank you for the invite.
I look forward to playing with my new toy alllll summer long. :D
I think you made a good move as well. In an economy where GM and Chrysler go bankrupt, anything is a gamble anyway. We have sold several of the T series and they have lots of hard hours on them and they have held up great. That little Mitsubishi engine will amaze you. Congrats and get to work!

Tractor arrives in the morning!
Can't wait.
Of course the ground is too wet and still frozen a couple inches down, so I can't even drive it at all. I would destroy the yard if I tried it off the driveway.
Sigh...
But it arrives in the morning!

/ T2334, Should I pull the Trigger??? #8  
Very smart move. What other brand could you buy for that kind of money? Better investment than the stock market and far more fun! Happy Tractoring.

The tractor has landed!!

Arrived this morning. Wrote the check, reviewed the machine, and it is now mine. Sigh. Done.

I drove it around the driveway and ran the loader through some moves just to test it out. Everything is working well. Now I just need the ground to thaw and dry so I can start to use it. I have some drainage I need to work on and a new driveway to put in! Hurry up weather!
Oh, and I found a nice post pounder to use as well. Lots of fun soon... :D

Here are couple pics for fun.

IMG_3336.jpg
IMG_3338.jpg

And a comparison shot

IMG_3356.jpg

/ T2334, Should I pull the Trigger??? #10  
I'm looking at a 2007 and a 2008 2334. It seems like a good deal but the dealer is not close and I am not able to drive one. I have driven/ch3,cked out the Kubota L2800, Kioti CK 20 and 27 hp, Bob cat t230, cub cadet es3100, All are bigger I think than the 2334. Does it have rear hydraulics? I will haul wood and push snow mostly. Not sure if this is big enough. My wife needs to Hydi.
Mike