4940C A/C Compressor

/ 4940C A/C Compressor #1  

Texasgreen

Silver Member
Tractor
06 Montana 4940C/R4/FEL arched boom.
My A/C compressor has gone out on my tractor. I have looked on the compressor for some kind of information on what type compressor it is and maybe a name on on it but, the label is non readable. Does any body know where I can get this compressor or have the information on what type and brand it is. Any help would be nice.

/ 4940C A/C Compressor #2  
The A/C compressor you need is available from Montana, part # is A1865048, should price out around $550 to $575. Any local dealer should be able to order it for you. Consider flushing the system and replacing the filter/ dryer as well.

/ 4940C A/C Compressor
I was looking to try and buy this compressor outside of Montana. My dealer no longer sales Montana and I'm not sure if they will even try and sell parts for them anymore. Really, I'm looking for some kind of spec on this compressor so I can match it up with a different parts supplier other then paying the hiked up price from the dealer.

/ 4940C A/C Compressor #4  
I was looking to try and buy this compressor outside of Montana. My dealer no longer sales Montana and I'm not sure if they will even try and sell parts for them anymore. Really, I'm looking for some kind of spec on this compressor so I can match it up with a different parts supplier other then paying the hiked up price from the dealer.
Maybe you can have yours rebuilt or repaired? A good auto parts store might give you a lead on a rebuilder that they use. Did yours seize up? Did you try to google "A/C compressor rebuilders? I found a place in San Antonio called Auto Air & axle, maybe they can help, thier website looks impressive, thier number is 1-800-327-4238, good luck

/ 4940C A/C Compressor
Yes, the a/c compressor is not building any pressure. The high side and the low side readings are the same at any rpm and I'm very sure the compressor clutch is working, I can see it come on when the a/c button in the cab is activated. I'll call the place you listed and see if they can rebuild the compressor that I currently have, Thanks for your help.

/ 4940C A/C Compressor #6  
I have the exact same tractor....only mine is blue (older LG model). I can take a look at the compressor and see if I can read the label on mine if you like?

Good luck on the repairs.

/ 4940C A/C Compressor
Yes, please would you look and post the information? Thanks☺