Tractor A/C Question?

/ Tractor A/C Question? #1  

Texasgreen

Silver Member
Tractor
06 Montana 4940C/R4/FEL arched boom.
I need to know how much oil charge goes into a Montana 4940C A/C system? I had to buy a new compressor and drier / receiver for my tractor. The A/C system was flushed and cleared of the old contaminated oil and freon and is now ready for the the new drier / receiver and the new compressor to be put on. Once I pull vacuum down to 30 inch's vac. and it holds, I'll need to add the oil back into the system and I'm not sure how much oil is needed this size system. To much oil and the system will not cool properly and to little oil will trash out the compressor. Please help! Is there a formula for this?

/ Tractor A/C Question? #2  
Can't help with the oil quantity, but you need to add it before you pull a vacuum. Adding oil after pulling a vacuum requires opening the system up again, which will (partially) negate the benefit of evacuating in the first place.

Any respectible compressor manufacturer will put the oil type and quantity on the data tag, and many ship compressors with oil already added. Any respectible tractor manufacturer will list the compressor oil type and quantity in the air conditioner section of the service manual.

/ Tractor A/C Question?
Any respectible compressor manufacturer will put the oil type and quantity on the data tag, and many ship compressors with oil already added. Any respectible tractor manufacturer will list the compressor oil type and quantity in the air conditioner section of the service manual.

Thanks for the information. I looked at compressor and the information was on the label of what type oil is used and the amount of oil, 200cc of ZXL200pg oil. Also, in the bottom of the box under all of the styrofoam was a piece of paper stating that the compressor was pre filled with oil from the factory.

Problem sovled! Thanks again☺