Need rear window for Montana 4940C

/ Need rear window for Montana 4940C #1  

Stampeder

Gold Member
Tractor
Montana 4940C, FEL, Quick change 3 point factory hitch, pallet forks, grapple, 50 gal tank sprayer, Bush Hog PHD
I broke my rear window some time ago and have been trying for a very long time to get one through my local Montana dealer (the only one left around here) without any success.
He tells me that LS is not shipping parts as they are building a 50,000 tractor order for New Holland. True or not, I"m not sure.
Bottom line is I need to find someone who can supply me with the rear window.
Does anyone have a good dealer that I can work through to obtain the window. They're not very expensive, around $190.00 last price.
It's a real pain not being able to open the plexiglas stand in that I have in place now. Especially when one tries to operate levers on the 3ph equipment.

Thanks for your help.

Glenn.

/ Need rear window for Montana 4940C #2  
I broke my rear window some time ago and have been trying for a very long time to get one through my local Montana dealer (the only one left around here) without any success.
He tells me that LS is not shipping parts as they are building a 50,000 tractor order for New Holland. True or not, I"m not sure.
Bottom line is I need to find someone who can supply me with the rear window.
Does anyone have a good dealer that I can work through to obtain the window. They're not very expensive, around $190.00 last price.
It's a real pain not being able to open the plexiglas stand in that I have in place now. Especially when one tries to operate levers on the 3ph equipment.

Thanks for your help.

Glenn.

Glenn, I broke the rear window in my 4340C last year about this time and it cost $303 ... anyway it was ordered and drop shipped to me from a dealer/friend in Hattisburg MS I will send you his contact info by PM. Hope he can help.

/ Need rear window for Montana 4940C
Thanks. I called but couldn't get through.
I'll try again.

This parts problem with Montana is a real pain in the *****.
Being as they are only tractor resellers it makes it real hard to justify supporting them when you experience to poor dealer support compounded by the fact that they won't sell parts direct.

Maybe I should have bought the John Deere afterall. I have a JD garden tractor (25 hp) and it's no problem at all getting parts.

My Montana is a good tractor, don't get me wrong...It's just Montana as a company that sucks.
I was really worried when JB Hunt died and I guess I was right. Without him they haven't got a clue what they are doing.

/ Need rear window for Montana 4940C #4  
Glenn,

Give our Parts guy a call if you havent found one yet, his name is Bill. We can get that part. The number is 563-946-2121.

Thanks,

Andrew
Iowa Farm Equipment