montana priceing

/ montana priceing #1  

jjanger

i have a travel trailer that someone wants to trade a 2007 3840 with 100 hours ,front bucket, backhoe, and ganin can`t really find out what or if i can sell it, i`m selling the trailer for 15,500, is it worth it, any help

/ montana priceing
no i really don`t, i have a JD and i`m happy with it but, i want to sell the trailer

/ montana priceing #3  
To me, it sounds like a pretty fair trade. However, I'd have a knowledgeable tractor guy, even specifically a LS knowledgeable mechanic certify that tractor by giving it a complete once over. If it checks out as good, you'll feel better about this trade. TLBs don't come cheap. Does the backhoe match?

LS is the maker of that re-badged Montana. Mitsubishi engine. LS is the builder for many compact tractors that have gotten re-badged by McCormick, Montana and now, even New Holland.

My theory is that you'd have to take $1000 less on a typical offer and so would he, so you'd both be even on that score. You can shop TractorHouse.com to find comparable prices on the tractor.

/ montana priceing
every thing is maching on the tractor, my thing is, will it be hard to sell ,if it`s going to be a pain than i will keep my trailer

/ montana priceing #5  
No way to know if a trailer or tractor is the easier sell. Myself? I'd rather sell a tractor. It just isn't going to depreciate like a 27' trailer will, for example.

You don't give specs on your trailer. That would be helpful.

/ montana priceing
i`m in AZ and the trailer is a 2004 30ft toybox. i know that book opens at 16,000 plus adds, i have no clue about this tractor, if was a JD i would know but never hear of a montana, mybe i will try to sell it on this fourm, but i`m in AZ

/ montana priceing #7  
I am sure you have already checked but there is only 3 dealers left in AZ. I drove past the one in Chino Valley the other day and there was not one single Montana on the lot, just TYM tractors.

I own a 3040 that is 4 years old and has 600 hours and I would not try to sell it right now, its not worth much. No body knows the name and wont do the research to know it is a good tractor. luckily I do not plan on sellign any time soon:thumbsup:

/ montana priceing #9  
Sounds like a good deal to me.

/ montana priceing #10  
I look at this a little differently than most.

1. If the guy with the tractor could easily sell it, he would and then just buy your trailer for cash.

2. I know a lot more people who are candidates for a trailer than for a little-know brand of tractor.

I don't really care what the tractor sold for initially, or what it might be "worth" to someone who is planning on using it. The OP is clearly planning on selling it to get cash, and I don't think that is so easy to do with a Montana.

I would keep advertising the trailer.