LS parts on Montana?

/ LS parts on Montana? #1  

AlanMitchell

Tractor
twooaksalan@gmail.com
I'd like an LS 4047 but my budget say's buy a used 2006 Montana 4940 (there is one for sale near me).

My question: Will LS parts fit the (out of warranty) Montana 4940? Do you guys with Montana's know they will fit?

I appreciate all input.

/ LS parts on Montana? #2  
My 4344 has ls under the Montana "M" on the steering wheel. I have a small guy near me I can order Montana parts from; what do you need?

/ LS parts on Montana?
I don't need any parts, yet. I want to be sure they are available (thru LS and Montana) if I decide to buy a used Montana.

thanks,
Alan

/ LS parts on Montana? #4  
The engine is the same they are both "S4QL Mitsubisi" so I suspect that all the parts that bolt to the engine are the same. I would also suspect that the drive train is the same also. The only parts that would be different is the attachments(front loader,ext.)and body parts. Some body parts are most likely interchangeable like fenders and so on. To keep it pretty you would have to paint those parts.
In another thread,I told about my experience with the replacement of my engine on my U4984 Montana. All the parts,new short block,seals and gaskets came from LS.
Reading the spec sheets they do look different,Montana even claims more HP.The lift is different as with the length,and other specs. Most of this is probably due to how the 2 make their claims.
The best way to find out is to contact an LS dealer and ask them.It may be best to find one that carried Montana. Ma-be even an E-mail to LS.

/ LS parts on Montana?
Wampum: Good idea on asking the LS dealer. I've followed the threads from you and others on this question.

Thanks for your opinion.
Alan

/ LS parts on Montana? #6  
I'm not saying 100% of the parts will change over but Montana was built by LS. Montana no longer sells tractors because LS entered the market selling very similar if not the same tractors cheaper. New Holland boomers are LS tractors except color and some body parts.

/ LS parts on Montana?
bullwest:

I see that Montana still advertises dealers, but when I go to their sites they don't offer much information. I will call my local NHolland dealer Monday to ask if their Boomer parts will fit Montana (if they know ... or care). They MAY provide insight. I'll report back.

Thanks,
Alan

/ LS parts on Montana? #8  
Better off to call your nearest LS dealer for parts. My LS dealer(who sold me my Montana a previous Montana dealer) assures me he can and will get my parts. My family has been dealing with him since 1968 so I have no reason to doubt him. If you buy from NH you will pay NH prices for the part and since they get them from LS it will be marked up! Long to short just call your nearest LS dealer!!!

/ LS parts on Montana? #9  
Better off to call your nearest LS dealer for parts. My LS dealer(who sold me my Montana a previous Montana dealer) assures me he can and will get my parts. My family has been dealing with him since 1968 so I have no reason to doubt him. If you buy from NH you will pay NH prices for the part and since they get them from LS it will be marked up! Long to short just call your nearest LS dealer!!!

I agree 100% with your statement.Montana tractor owners should accept that fact that Montana is in bad shape.They basically do not sell tractors anymore.

This is on there website right now: Effective January 1st 2011 Montana Tractors,LLC transitioned from a tractor distributer to a parts,service and warranty company.(Link:Montana Tractors: Compact Tractor, Farm, Agricultural Tractors, Sub Compact & Utility Tractors, Attachments, Implements & Tires - Tractor Manufacturer)

I now have a green LS tractor and will seek parts when needed from LS.I figured this would happen when I bought my tractor.It has now happened. I am not worried about getting parts,I will just get them from LS.

/ LS parts on Montana? #10  
I agree 100% with your statement.Montana tractor owners should accept that fact that Montana is in bad shape.They basically do not sell tractors anymore.

This is on there website right now: Effective January 1st 2011 Montana Tractors,LLC transitioned from a tractor distributer to a parts,service and warranty company.(Link:Montana Tractors: Compact Tractor, Farm, Agricultural Tractors, Sub Compact & Utility Tractors, Attachments, Implements & Tires - Tractor Manufacturer)

I now have a green LS tractor and will seek parts when needed from LS.I figured this would happen when I bought my tractor.It has now happened. I am not worried about getting parts,I will just get them from LS.
Welcome to the world of the Farmtrac owners:D at least your gig held out a little longer than ours did, but one thing we've all got going for us is these LS made tractors are fairly dependable and hopefully LS will catch on over here and parts won't be an issue.:thumbsup: