Montana 4940C

/ Montana 4940C #1  

Pine Island

Tractor
Montana 4940
I bought a Montana 4940C used about a year ago. Seems to be a great tractor. So far my only complaint is I don't have a owners manual to confirm I'm servicing everything correctly. Does anyone know where I can get the manuals for this tractor?

/ Montana 4940C
Thanks. Just learning how to use / get around forums.

/ Montana 4940C #5  
Pine Island, see my post on Jun 20. I had luck with a Longtrac manual as a substitute.

Also I believe your "C" model is also a Romania made tractor. If so, see my post today for a possible parts source.

Good luck

/ Montana 4940C
Pine Island, see my post on Jun 20. I had luck with a Longtrac manual as a substitute.

Also I believe your "C" model is also a Romania made tractor. If so, see my post today for a possible parts source.

Good luck

Thanks for the information. I thought it was made in Korea. May sound like a dumb question but How do I tell where it is made?

/ Montana 4940C #7  
Should be a serial number tag on lower left side frame area near the radiator. I believe that tractor was made by L.S. Tractor in South Korea. Check their dealerships for a manual

/ Montana 4940C #8  
Good question Pine, I thought mine was Korean also, but found out by Henry Williams at Montana that it was actually made in Romania. I assumed (you know what that can do) that all "C" series Montana's, as shown on the Montana site, were Romanian, but of course I could be wrong.

/ Montana 4940C #9  
Response from email to Henry Williams asking about steering cylinder parts. They sent me a schematic and parts list for the cylinder and the following:

Hello Harry,

I have attached a parts breakdown above. Please view the attachments. I checked with the parts department, we do not have the items in stock but they gave me a couple of numbers for you to call that should have those pieces in stock. These guys specialize in UTB Romanian tractor parts.

Romtrac
800 849 7042

Unifarm
877 294 3997

Thank you,

Matthew Conner

MONTANA TRACTORS

Ph: (866) 405-5043
Fx: (479) 872-0707
www.montanatractors.com

Matt's email: matt.conner@montanatractors.com
Henry Williams email: henry.williams@montanatractors.com

/ Montana 4940C #10  
I could be wrong and the only way to tell will be the the tag on the side of the frame rail but I am pretty sure that the 4940C is a LS made Korean Tractor. The romanian tractor models started with a C like the C4864