Are Montana Tractors made in Montana?

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #11  
I was shocked to learn that Dakota pickups are not made in North or South Dakota.

And Winnebago motor homes are not made by the Native American tribe of the same name. What's next????

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #12  
So who eats a Zero bar? :laughing::laughing:

and Milk Duds,,,,,,,,,probably outsourced to a foreign dairy belt....some place where choco-milk comes from brown cows!

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #13  
Unless it was done in a manner such as a Patent infringement, a product's name recognition, or copyright fraud, I don't think that naming a product after a location or geographical region would be subject to lawful prosecution unless there were existing laws on the books that would prohibit such behavior. An example: You might sell a product named after a deceased Family member because that relative was close to you and you wanted to honor that individual by naming the product after him or her. Do you actually think that a legal team would attempt to utilize the time and expense in taking you to Court with the sole purpose of preventing you from using the deceased relative's name, because he or she did not make the product themselves. Just my thoughts. Of course anything is possible in today's world. Of course you could always testify that the chosen name was actually your given "nickname". :)
Kentucky being a example The run for the roses (Kentucky Derby) and KFC.

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #14  
Maybe it was to make it sound 'more' American.

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #16  
The late J.B.Hunt,of the famed truck line started Montana tractors. I understand that Montana was a special place to him,so he named the tractor line after them.If your upset with him calling them Montana then you should also be upset with GM.They called a Pontiac van Montana several years ago.They also where not made in Montana
I do not know of any tractor line that is made in the USA under 45 HP.Just look at the build plate on any tractor to find out where it is made.If you think Montana was deceptive look at the traditional so called American brands.Deere,Case/International,Massey,Ford/New Holland,McCormick all American named tractors all have tractors made outside of North America.Some like McCormick are the exact same tractor Montana sold.

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #17  
When I was growing up I thought all the ice came from a tiny island in the North Atlantic ... and that turkeys came from ... well you know? :)

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #18  
I figured you need a real answer to your question, not just smart answers but when you answer your own question right after you ask it what do you expect!
Yes as stated previously Montana tractors were made by LS industries out of Korea and they used Mitsubishi engines.
To make a long story short, Montana went out of business when LS stoped selling them tractors and they are just a warranty company now for the tractors they had sold. LS now sells the same exact tractors under there own name LS tractors. These tractors are really nice and very reasonably priced for what you get. A lot of the basic and included items are add on options with most other tractor companys, but this pricing will not last for ever. And as stated before most of the american name tractor companys do outsource many of there models out to other manufactures. The next time you are at a New Holland dealer take a look at the tag on the lower front right side of the frame and see who made it, you could be supprised! Oh and yes I own a Montana tractor and I love it, I just wish it was LS blue!

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana?
Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the politics. I hope the inference didn't offend anyone. I like discussing and operating all equipment but my preference for owning is still USA made (or partially as is the case).

When my 1985 JD 165 trimmer came with a Kawasaki engine the writing was on the wall. There are few USA companies left. Most are global entities and will do what is necessary to sell product. Where we screwed up in the USA was not electing politicians smart enough to use our then economic buying power and market dominance to the USA's advantage, instead of handing our buying power to other nations. We should have demanded concessions for their access to our market. Just an opinion that has no business on a tractor forum.

The point about Hershey being named after the founder of the company is correct.

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #20  
My LS tractor has an IVECO engine which I believe is of Italian design. Most of the smaller LS tractors have Mitsubisi engines. Even Korea has to involve global companies to complete ( or should that be compete). Which ever.