Are Montana Tractors made in Montana?

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #41  
What can be said is that varying degrees of assembling are done in the US on smaller tractors. To the extent that Kubota-USA assembles and builds as much as they do, and employs as many people as they do, I say hurrah.

Just as we all rejoice when a BMW plants opens in Alabama or Hyundai, Toyota or Honda build here, now employing a HUGE number in a combined work force. Each call their divisions xxxxxxx-USA. It's far better than nothing being done here except unloading a shipping crate and putting on the seats and wheels, basically. I don't split hairs as to whether it is to be "considered an American brand".

The only "brand" that evokes the USA is Deere, as far as I can recall. But, when much of their stuff is also built elsewhere, as it most certainly is, that doesn't make me jump up and down with joy in the "American brand" of Deere. I respect Deere a lot and I'm glad their corporate headquarters is here, but Deere is an international corporation, let's not forget.

The lines on all this stuff is really, really blurry. The black and white world of bygone days is over. Sad, perhaps, but a reality.

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #42  
Well I'm glad I'm not the only who took some exception to that post.

Take more exception. What's your issue? I listed references to facts and pointed out what was opinion. You have a problem with that??

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #44  
As someone else said . ..a lot of mis-information here . .and ignorant opinions.
When 1st introduced it was LG Montana. LG was formerly Goldstar.
Acronym stood for Lifes Good. Goldstar is / was part of the Hyundai Corp.
LG tv's at WalMart . . same company . . different division.
There were problems between Montana and LG, don't know the specifics.
LG sold out to Tym . .another Korean tractor company.
The LG line was then rebadged as LS . . still being sold here almost the same tractors . .. but blue instead of green.
I owned a Mitsubishi 434 commercial truck . .. best diesel engine ever, of the ones I've owned. Only problems were the a.c. compressor and the Chrysler 727 transmission slipping.

I will never buy an Italian motor vehicle again. Non-existant dealership support from the factory. Italian business machines were the same way. Fiat has been here 3 times now. Where is Olivetti ?

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #45  
Just to find common ground here: Don't eat the urinal cakes!:laughing:

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #46  
As someone else said . ..a lot of mis-information here . .and ignorant opinions.
When 1st introduced it was LG Montana. LG was formerly Goldstar.
Acronym stood for Lifes Good. Goldstar is / was part of the Hyundai Corp.
LG tv's at WalMart . . same company . . different division.
There were problems between Montana and LG, don't know the specifics.
LG sold out to Tym . .another Korean tractor company.
The LG line was then rebadged as LS . . still being sold here almost the same tractors . .. but blue instead of green.
I owned a Mitsubishi 434 commercial truck . .. best diesel engine ever, of the ones I've owned. Only problems were the a.c. compressor and the Chrysler 727 transmission slipping.

I will never buy an Italian motor vehicle again. Non-existant dealership support from the factory. Italian business machines were the same way. Fiat has been here 3 times now. Where is Olivetti ?

Just curious, how did you make the correlation betweet TYM and LS? I'm not doubting you I just haven't heard that connection before. I know that TYM is a Korean tractor manufacturer and they use mitsubishi engines but I didn't know there was any connection between the two!

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #48  
I was shocked to learn that Dakota pickups are not made in North or South Dakota.

And Winnebago motor homes are not made by the Native American tribe of the same name. What's next????

But - they are made in Winnebago county! Forest City, IA

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #49  
   / Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #50  
Montana Tractors, LLC is owned by Dongkuk Steel Co., LTD,
Dongkuk Steel is the parent company of Kukje Machinery Co., LTD and Branson Tractors, LLC). Branson will likely be the surviving Marketing brand. Branson Tractors - Home
Montana Tractors and Kukje Machinery Reach Agreement | AGWEB.com

LG/LS is another company LS Tractor USA
TYM is another company. The Official TYM Tractors Website

But that agreement fell through and Montana was left out in the cold without a supplier! Right.