Are Montana Tractors made in Montana?

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #1  

Yourkie

Silver Member
Where are the Montana tractors actually produced?

I live fairly close to a major chocolate producer named after a town in Pa and slowly but surely they are moving their candy production to other countries and to other places. Mexico has been one of their many choices.

My question is simply this. Why isn't it considered false advertising to use a geographical area or community in one's corporate or product name and not have most of the production of said product be done by that community?

If Montana tractors wants to make their product in Korea or wherever, then they should call their product Korean Tractor. But don't pull the wool over our eyes and call it something it isn't. The world is full of deception and it is about making money and marketing instead of truth.

Sorry for the semi-politics of this but the deception that is allowed because it makes money for a few while deceiving the many is wrong.

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #2  
Montana Tractor went bust a couple years back.

So, rest easy. The universe punished them.:laughing::laughing:

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #3  
LG tractors used to make Montana Tractors. LG was part of a much larger Asian company based world wide. I believe they used Japanese Shibara engines. Look them up on this site for a lot of info. LG became LS and now makes their own line.
John Deere is made by Yanmar. Ford tractors were bought by New Holland and New Holland used Shibara to make the stuff. Now they have taken over Case tractors.
I'm pretty new to this stuff but there are people on site who have all of the details.

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #4  
Are Mars candy bars out of this world?

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #5  
Sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you dont

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #6  
Kit Kat bars don't really have Kitty Kats in them... do they??

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #7  
Unless it was done in a manner such as a Patent infringement, a product's name recognition, or copyright fraud, I don't think that naming a product after a location or geographical region would be subject to lawful prosecution unless there were existing laws on the books that would prohibit such behavior. An example: You might sell a product named after a deceased Family member because that relative was close to you and you wanted to honor that individual by naming the product after him or her. Do you actually think that a legal team would attempt to utilize the time and expense in taking you to Court with the sole purpose of preventing you from using the deceased relative's name, because he or she did not make the product themselves. Just my thoughts. Of course anything is possible in today's world. Of course you could always testify that the chosen name was actually your given "nickname". :)

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #8  
...I live fairly close to a major chocolate producer named after a town in Pa and slowly but surely they are moving their candy production to other countries and to other places. Mexico has been one of their many choices....

It is the other way round. The Town is named after either the company, or its founder, Milton Hershey.

The US has priced itself out the market for a lot of manufacturing jobs, and the company has to go elsewhere or go out of business.

We might be able to keep jobs if we had fewer regulations, but the feds seem dead-set on giving us more regulation.

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #9  
It is the other way round. The Town is named after either the company, or its founder, Milton Hershey.

The US has priced itself out the market for a lot of manufacturing jobs, and the company has to go elsewhere or go out of business.

We might be able to keep jobs if we had fewer regulations, but the feds seem dead-set on giving us more regulation.
You hit the "nail on the head".

/ Are Montana Tractors made in Montana? #10  
The Montana tractors use the Mitsubishi engines, same as the L S tractors.