Buying Advice 2007 Montana 4540

/ 2007 Montana 4540 #1  

Border Rat

Tractor
acquiring Kubota M7040HD ?
As a newbie to the forum . . hope not to offend anyone with what may seem as a repetative topic. I've been shopping used tractors for a couple of years.
Didn't have to do anything when my father-in-law was alive. Long story short I've got an '07 Montana 4540 4 wheel drive "bank repo" that I can get a deal on, it is just being cleared out for the bank. Dealer has used it on his lot for a month . .. so it doesn't seem to have been abused. It comes with an FEL,Pallet forks. and a box blade for $13,500. Planning on adding a grapple to the FEL. Main use is maintaining 45 acres of rural acreage, mainly bush hog and clearing out wild cherry trees out of the fence line. One reason I'm looking hard at this tractor is that I plan to trailer it, with a standard pickup, between 2 properties for a couple of years, otherwise I was looking at a Massey 451. Any comments of areas to look at especially close would be appreciated. ie: known problems, support problems, etc. I know, from past experience, the Mitsubishi truck engines are rock solid if properly maintained. This is my first venture into ownership, so I appreciate any comments.

/ 2007 Montana 4540 #2  
For what you quoted and the price I"d go with teh Montana. Remember it's really and LG tractor with a Mitsubishi engine. Mine is a 2006 4940C and I love it. It works really hard for me. We have lots of pine trees around and I'm constantly using the grapple to remove dead ones. My neighbour is very jealous and has asked me to make one for his JD tractor.

When you trailer remember these little devils are heavy. So make sure you have a trailer rated for the weight and tires that are also rated for the weight.

Good luck with your purchase.
:thumbsup:

As a newbie to the forum . . hope not to offend anyone with what may seem as a repetative topic. I've been shopping used tractors for a couple of years.
Didn't have to do anything when my father-in-law was alive. Long story short I've got an '07 Montana 4540 4 wheel drive "bank repo" that I can get a deal on, it is just being cleared out for the bank. Dealer has used it on his lot for a month . .. so it doesn't seem to have been abused. It comes with an FEL,Pallet forks. and a box blade for $13,500. Planning on adding a grapple to the FEL. Main use is maintaining 45 acres of rural acreage, mainly bush hog and clearing out wild cherry trees out of the fence line. One reason I'm looking hard at this tractor is that I plan to trailer it, with a standard pickup, between 2 properties for a couple of years, otherwise I was looking at a Massey 451. Any comments of areas to look at especially close would be appreciated. ie: known problems, support problems, etc. I know, from past experience, the Mitsubishi truck engines are rock solid if properly maintained. This is my first venture into ownership, so I appreciate any comments.