Broke My montana T2734

/ Broke My montana T2734 #1  

Sdfire2

Tractor
Montana T2734
Try to ID parts seems to be a bit of a challenge. Took the tractor to the dealer I bought it from and I think he's high on his repair cost and he's trying to sale me a new tractor. I would like to know if he over charging me or if I could do it myself?

/ Broke My montana T2734 #2  
Welcome to TBN. :)

/ Broke My montana T2734 #4  
Perhaps if you describe the problem in detail, someone may possibly be able to help. Just a thought? Good Luck.

/ Broke My montana T2734
Well creekbend now that I'm a little less angry, here goes My Montana has been wonderful and I hadn't had any problems with until one day I'm going to mow my orchard, Get the tractor out in orchard engage the PTO step on the pedal to start mowing and then a grinding sound and the tractor doesn't move. so finally get to the dealer, they split the tractor and tell me that HST is toast and it will be $4400.00 to fix it with no warrantty and I should really purchase a new one for $8000.00 and some change and a 5 year warranty. I would like to know if the HST is really that expensive, I can't pen down a part number and price the unit, and is it a task that I could do myself. And I do have friends that are really good mecanhics that could help me.

/ Broke My montana T2734
Thanks for the welcome ,glad to know that there's a group of tractor people out there where I can go and ask questions and get advice.

/ Broke My montana T2734 #9  
I think the dealer has given you sound financial advise. Number one, consider this, the dealer is not going to take apart and put the tractor back together for nothing. Number two, you decide to go get the tractor, bring it home and repair it with your friends help. How are you going to get all the pieces and parts home? I am sure the dealer is well aware of what the parts to repair your tractor would cost and the fact you would still have a tractor without a warranty that something else expensive could happen too. Hydro repairs regardless of the tractor make are very- very - very expensive.

/ Broke My montana T2734 #10  
Their is no way that a new hydro cost 4 grand. Think this tractor was made by TYM. Get a hold of a dealer and price a hydro assy. Think TYM has reman units also. Did the charge pump fail in hydro?