Fuel filter change on a 4940C

/ Fuel filter change on a 4940C #1  

Stampeder

Gold Member
Tractor
Montana 4940C, FEL, Quick change 3 point factory hitch, pallet forks, grapple, 50 gal tank sprayer, Bush Hog PHD
I want to change my fuel filter but I'm worried about the bleeding procedure so I can get it restarted after the change.
Does anyone know this procedure?

Glenn.

/ Fuel filter change on a 4940C #2  
i pinched off my lines to and from the filter, removed it and changed the filter. when i put it on it was trickling into the filter (from the fuel source) and by the time I got to the output line the filter was full. I fired it up with no issue. I too was worried about the bleeding...

/ Fuel filter change on a 4940C #3  
I need to change my filters on my 4940C, can you tell what filters are used for the fuel, oil and hydraulic system. Wix brand or something close would be fine.

/ Fuel filter change on a 4940C
I need to change my filters on my 4940C, can you tell what filters are used for the fuel, oil and hydraulic system. Wix brand or something close would be fine.

Check these out:

WIX Filters : Filter Look-Up

It will give you all four Wix filters for your 4940C. I use WIX and I really like them. I can get most of them from O'Reilly's.

Quick question:

My oil fill cap on the top of my Mitusbishi engine is really loose and I can't tighten it really tight. I actually leaks oily crap all over the top of the engine.
Is yours like this?

Any idea where it is best to get a replacement?

Thanks. Hope the filter numbers help. Have other numbers if you need them.

Glenn.

/ Fuel filter change on a 4940C #5  
Thanks for the info. Yes mine leaks also. I just try and keep the valve cover cleaned off.

Found a perfect fit replacement at Napa. Cost me $8 and it's good as gold.
If you're interested I'll post the part number.

/ Fuel filter change on a 4940C #7  
Yes please do so. Post your info.

Yes please do so. Post your info.

The part number for the oil cap that works on our Mitsubishi engines is: Napa 703-1694.

The one I got is silver coloured instead of black but it screws on nice and tight.

Now I don't have junk being blown all over the top of the engine.

Cheers.

/ Fuel filter change on a 4940C #9  
Thank you for the information, I'm going to order me one today.

Texasgreen said:
Thank you for the information, I'm going to order me one today.

No problem. Glad to help.