Montana 4340C ... RPM's Fluctuating.

/ Montana 4340C ... RPM's Fluctuating. #11  
When was the last time you cleaned your injectors? Throw some diesel additive in. At 1500hours I'm sure they can use the cleaning. I've got over 500 hours on my 4940C and I am about to change my fuel filter also. Incidentally, I switched to synthetic a long time ago and it causes my Montana to run A LOT cooler in the summer. Lot less friction.

Let us know about the fuel filter change. BTW I too use WIX filters on my tractor and my Ford dually diesel. Really like them.

how often would you use the fuel cleaner? have 500 hours on mine AND with synthetic, what oil change interval do you use?

/ Montana 4340C ... RPM's Fluctuating. #12  
My 4940C started doing the same thing after I changed fuel filter. Manual says air trapped in fuel system is culprit. Hope this helps!

/ Montana 4340C ... RPM's Fluctuating.
how often would you use the fuel cleaner? have 500 hours on mine AND with synthetic, what oil change interval do you use?

I started using it on every fill ... just a little per the instructions. I like 100 hrs for the oil change... sometimes it runs over. I know some folks call me crazy and suggest a couple hundred ... Oil is cheap compared to engines. Rottella 15W 40.

/ Montana 4340C ... RPM's Fluctuating.
My 4940C started doing the same thing after I changed fuel filter. Manual says air trapped in fuel system is culprit. Hope this helps!

Air trapped ... interesting and I wonder how long it remains trapped? I would think after several tanks it would be gone. I have in the last 14 days run several gallons thru her on the irrigation pump. I run right at 1 GPH at 2000 rpms. The outdoor temps make me nervous with her setting at the ponds edge ... I check things often and all is well.

/ Montana 4340C ... RPM's Fluctuating. #15  
I started using it on every fill ... just a little per the instructions. I like 100 hrs for the oil change... sometimes it runs over. I know some folks call me crazy and suggest a couple hundred ... Oil is cheap compared to engines. Rottella 15W 40.

Switch to Amsoil. They have a service where they will check your oil for you for free and determine when you need to change it.
I am going to switch mine from Rotella to Amsoil. I've run Rotella for a few years now and go 250 hours between changes. I do however change oil filters every 100 hours. I'm also investigating adding the Amsoil bypass filter system. It comes highly recommended for my Ford F350 dually diesel and if it's good enough for my truck it will do wonders for my tractor. Only problem I have is where to conveniently mount the 2 micron filter.
The bypass system cleans you oil and really helps with the lubrication of the injectors (so I am told).
Food for thought.