Buying Advice Montana Tractor buying advice

/ Montana Tractor buying advice #1  

Johnson5863

Tractor
None
New member to the forum, have read it alot, and looking to get some advice. I see most of the owners have had the Montana tractor for going on 6 years or so. Would you still recommend that tractor, how are the parts and service availability? What have you found to be its weakness? How are they holding up? I am looking at a 40 - 50 HP tractor. I had an AC 170 but sold it before making my huge move to Texas. Thanks for any input and advice.

/ Montana Tractor buying advice #2  
I have two 675's(one a DTC) and a montana 273 made my tym. The 273 is nothing but a oversize lawn mower. 525 hrs and about worn out. The 675's are heavy duty. Made in India, with perkins engines. I hope I don't have much problems with them cause I don't know about a good parts source. If I can get 1000 hours out of he 273 I will just drive it into the pound and make a fish reef out of it cause I am sure it won't be worth repairing. I would buy another montana limited(farmtrac) if I could find a new on at a good price.

/ Montana Tractor buying advice
Thanks Bud, appreciate your input! I had not seen too many negative comments on the Montana and I saw a 4940C for sale at what I think would be a decent price. What I had not found was anything more recent from people that have owned them for a while.

/ Montana Tractor buying advice #4  
The tractors are being imported by
Diamond tractors,Freeburg MO

Last edited: