Has anyone replaced a Model 100 loader valve?

/ Has anyone replaced a Model 100 loader valve? #1  

BigBoyinMS

Silver Member
Tractor
'73 MF135 & Montana 4540
I have a 4540 with the Model 100 FEL made by Ameriquip for Montana. Has anyone replaced the loader valve and if so, what brand and model did you replace it with?

The original owner of my tractor used it with a grapple on the FEL for a Katrina cleanup business and this loader valve looks like it came off of a 40 year old tractor. No boot, it leaks, joystick is a piece of threaded rod and sloppy loose. One of the ball studs broke this past weekend and I took it to be rebuilt but it uses an odd size that we have failed to find. I can order a joystick mechanism kit from LS but it's as much as most brand new loader valves. And the valves I find all would have to be "engineered" to mount up. Just checking to see if anyone else has been through a swap.

LV1.jpg

/ Has anyone replaced a Model 100 loader valve? #2  
Most of Montana tractors use a "Cross" valve body brand.

/ Has anyone replaced a Model 100 loader valve?
Thanks for that info... from what I see it may just be their DV model. Not much info on their products online.

I finally got to clean it up and get a good look at it and it's a Nimco brand valve. And after a few hours online last night I've also found getting parts for loader valves is like looking for gold. If I can't engineer the pieces that I need then it looks like my best bet is to buy one of the valves made by Brand. Not the best quality from what I read but it should do the job.
Would anyone know if and where I can buy individual parts for Nimco valves? I can buy a complete joystick assembly from LS for about $300 but I only need half of whats in the kit. And the kit doesn't even come with a boot and they don't even offer one.

Just an update...

I was going to re-engineer the joystick setup since the valve is in great shape but I would have gone to a lot of trouble and spent as much as buying a new handle, boot and joystick control kit, so... I just ordered a new Brand valve w/ regen off of ebay. I'll have about $250 in it and less headache.

/ Has anyone replaced a Model 100 loader valve? #6  
I had trouble with a bad boot on the control cable on mine. It was a poor installation job done by Montana at the Arkansas plant years ago and it finally completely broke. I contacted Nimco about it and they put me on to a distributor in Houston who was very helpful. I down loaded the catalog for my valve and control stick from Nimco's site and in a few days had the replacement boot installed and the loader was back up working again without issue. I did have to paint the boot though. A shaker can of black solved that.

Nimco make a pretty good product IMHO.

Cheers.
Glenn.

Looks like I'm going to have to fix my Nimco valve after all. Because of incorrect info on the Surplus Center website, I ended up with a valve in reverse configuration. Their "instructions" say it can be reversed but it can't... only turned 90 degrees. Maybe I should learn to use it in reverse. :banghead:

/ Has anyone replaced a Model 100 loader valve? #8  
I know this is an old post, but have the same setup and have a leaking joystick. Did you ever get yours fixed?