4940C Montana 500 Hrs Service.

/ 4940C Montana 500 Hrs Service.
So after 500 hours how is the Montana holding up? I just pasted the 300 hour mark and I love mine. I couldn't get the cab because my model didn't come with one, plus it wouldn't fit in the garage if it had a cab or the overhead exhaust.

My tractor has been holding up very well. I do keep a high level of maintenance on it. I just need a new fuel tank for it. It has cracked for the third time now. It has cracked in a different place every time.

/ 4940C Montana 500 Hrs Service. #12  
My tractor has been holding up very well. I do keep a high level of maintenance on it. I just need a new fuel tank for it. It has cracked for the third time now. It has cracked in a different place every time.

Have you contacted Montana, they still there for parts I just got a handle for the quick connect on my loader well I ordered it hasn't shown up yet. I don't know if there is a turbo available for any of these tractors I would assume so.

I'll contact Montana and see what they want for a new fuel tank. There is a fab shop close to me that told me they could build me one. Mitsubishi built a turbo version of their S4Q. It's called S4Q2-T. Same engine in and out, but it's turbo. It's used in Cat 305 mini excavator and in a New Holland excavator.

/ 4940C Montana 500 Hrs Service. #14  
My 4940C has a little over 500 hours on it as well. Got a few things that need doing. I just put new airfilters in mine both inner and outer. Mine looks like Texasgreen's except the tractor is blue and the loader is green. The paint is very faded and I have begun a respray. The right side fender was the first done.
I also need to set the valves now. Mine are a little noisy. Texas, what did you set yours to?
I like the tinted windows. Did you do them yourself? What price range did you have to pay?
I bought this tractor because it didn't have a turbo. Mine runs in a very dusty environment and I don't want a turbo failing on me.
My air conditioner has quit on me. I checked the R134A and the level is fine. The compressor clutch doesnt seem to be kicking in. Any suggestions?
All in all I do love my tractor. I installed an ammo box on the back left where the little angle plate with two 6mm insert nuts are. Works great and gets the chains and tools out of the cab floor.

Cheers.
Glenn.

I keep my inside a building when I'm not using it, plus I have waxed the hood a few times to keep it looking like new. It is a tractor that gets worked, but you can also keep them looking nice at the same time.

On your A/C issue. I'd unplugged the wire from the tractor to the clutch on the compressor and get a test light. Turn the A/C on and use the test light and test the pig tail from the tractor for power. If there is no power to the compressor clutch then you have a electrical issue to figure out.

The tint on the windows, I did them myself. I took the windows off, all of them and removed all the hardware, cleaned the windows very well then applied the 3M marine grade window film. It turned out very nice and it sure helps out with sun glare and radiant heat from the sun.