Where to plumb for heater

/ Where to plumb for heater #1  

athomp

I want to install a heater core in my 5740. Can anyone tell me where to tap into the cooling system for this? Thanks

/ Where to plumb for heater #2  
Dayco supplies many nice tap valves (on/off/in between). Tap into line from engine to rad (fluid prior to entering top of rad).

/ Where to plumb for heater #3  
Dayco supplies many nice tap valves (on/off/in between). Tap into line from engine to rad (fluid prior to entering top of rad).

Wrong.

To supply a heater core.High temp, high pressure coolant is sent to the heater and coolant returns to lowest pressure point of the cooling system .
Tap in the supply in the engine side of the thermostat. Return heater core line to the water pump inlet.

/ Where to plumb for heater #4  
Wrong.

To supply a heater core.High temp, high pressure coolant is sent to the heater and coolant returns to lowest pressure point of the cooling system .
Tap in the supply in the engine side of the thermostat. Return heater core line to the water pump inlet.

on a Montana engine side of t-stat??

/ Where to plumb for heater #6  
...except liquid cooled engines designed with reverse coolant flow.

/ Where to plumb for heater
Does anyone have or know of any photos that show it on this particular engine?

/ Where to plumb for heater #9  
...except liquid cooled engines designed with reverse coolant flow.

Not a whole lot of those reverse cooled engines in standard mid priced production vehicles and equipment. It is a superior cooling system however. iirc Chev ran off a batch of performance reverse cooled V8's in the mid 90's ?

/ Where to plumb for heater #10  
Not a whole lot of those reverse cooled engines in standard mid priced production vehicles and equipment. It is a superior cooling system however. iirc Chev ran off a batch of performance reverse cooled V8's in the mid 90's ?

I dunno. But they do exist. Hot-rodders do it sometimes. So "any liquid cooled engine" isn't entirely accurate.