4540 Shuttle Problems

/ 4540 Shuttle Problems #1  

LAWALLSTRACTOR

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra -------------
A few years ago I took a Montana 4540 tractor with shuttle transmission, and sold to a customer. Today the customer called me and said that he was having a problem with the shuttle popping out of reverse, and now it will not go into forward or reverse. I have not looked at it yet, and was wondering if any body has had provious experience with this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

/ 4540 Shuttle Problems #2  
A few years ago I took a Montana 4540 tractor with shuttle transmission, and sold to a customer. Today the customer called me and said that he was having a problem with the shuttle popping out of reverse, and now it will not go into forward or reverse. I have not looked at it yet, and was wondering if any body has had provious experience with this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

My 4940C did the same thing. Montana took it back to AR Springdale and put in a new complete gear box assy. In it. The tech I called and talked too there said that the shift fork on the forward and reverse had a roll pin that had broke off was allowing the shift fork to float on it support rod and that the broke off piece was laying in the bottom of the transmission down close to the 4wd engagement assy.