Buying Advice need help getting knocked off of the fence...

/ need help getting knocked off of the fence... #1  

kodiakdad

Tractor
kubota b7200
Hi folks. Been a stalker around here but decided to ask for some advice. I'm in the market for a little bigger tractor than my B7200 and a man down the road has a Montana R2844 for sale at (it seems) a decent price. Only has 107 hours on it and seems in good shape....my only concern is that Montana is out of business. I figure there's always a way to find parts if needed (online or maybe even through a LS dealer?) but I'm still "on the fence" about getting it. It's the size I'm looking for and has the features. Any advice?

/ need help getting knocked off of the fence... #2  
Some folks have been able to even get some warranty work thru LS dealers for Montana tractors. Why don't you speak to your LS dealer regarding parts for that particular tractor. You may have to supply the LS model number that corresponds to your Montana model number but parts should be available.

For me, It would need to be a very good bargain to justify the buy.

/ need help getting knocked off of the fence... #3  
you should ask the seller exactly why he's selling it too.

/ need help getting knocked off of the fence...
The seller appears to be selling "everything" and moving to a different town and in town. Seemed legitimate from the for sale sign in his yard. Tractor comes with a 5' finish mower and a wallenstein bx42s wood chopper that doesn't even have the paint scratched on it. I'm gonna call the local LS dealer this morning and see if they support on parts. Man I'm tempted....looks like the only abuse the tractor has seen is some sun damage...

/ need help getting knocked off of the fence... #6  
If the LS dealer can support parts and the deal is right, go for it if it suits you. LS makes very good tractors as evidenced by the number of big name manufacturers willing to put their name and reputation on the rebranded models.

so....I'm a Montana tractor owner.....:)

Anyone else own a R2844? I have a couple of questions....

/ need help getting knocked off of the fence... #8  
ask away
most are ls tractors are pretty well all the same just differnet in size and hp
i have a u4384 and it looks like it could be a big brother to yours
hope you love yours as much as i do mine

Howdy blue, so heres a newbie question, does your tractor have a dedicated drain plug for the hydraulic oil? Im pretty excited with mine, its early in the game still but so far its perfect for what I need.

/ need help getting knocked off of the fence... #10  
i actully don't know but will check it out tomorrow for you but im sure there should be one there some place as you need to drain and change it every now and then can't remember the service hr interval
should be listed in your owners manual which can be an interesting read as it was written in koren first and translated into eng I'm sure by a marsian from pluto you may have to read a few sections a couple times to figure out what they mean

but if you can figure out which LS tractor your's is go here and down load the parts manual
LS Tractor R Series
i think your r2844 is about the same or is the same as the LS r4010. LS tractors seam to have higher hp ratings than the same montana tractors
someone on here will know for sure or do a search for threads on the r2844 on this site it may already be listed on here some place
or you may get it here Parts For Montana Tractors
enjoy your newest friend